Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 11, 2005, 6:18 PM   #1

Hi guys I'm new to digital cameras but I've narrowed it down to the lumix fz2o, SO my big question is "Is there a better choice to make between the black or the silver, will the silver with it's light reflective qualities affect my shots?? most of the pics I've seen of photogs with the lumix have the black, is this personal preference or some thing to doo with photo quality???:?
fred-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2005, 6:24 PM   #2

personal preference. the color of the case doesn't affect the image in any way. some folks living in hot climates may choose silver because the camera would absorb less heat, but that's of questionable value in any but the hottest climates. otherwise, it's a matter of personal taste. some think the black has a more "professional" look to it, but it doesn't take any better photos...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 6:54 PM   #3

I chose silver in my FZ10 because I take it out in my open boat often in the hot Florida sun. Black really gets hot.

But in bright sunlight the reflection from the body does interfere with seeing the EVF. An eye-cup solves the problem and I would recommend one even for a black model.

I think black looks better and is less conspicuous. You also don't need an eyecup if you don't want to mess with getting one. If you don't live in a hot climate I would choose the black one.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:40 PM   #4

It's indeed all down to personal preference; Average outside air temp. can be taken into account. I chose the black version just because I like it more 8)
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:47 PM   #5

my fz20 is silver, and i've never had any difficulty with reflections in the EVF... but then, maybe i hold mine closer to my eye or something...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 7:48 PM   #6

HI guys, thanks for your answers, I live in Barbadosin the Caribbean, so it will be hot all year round, soI'll go with the silver,next ??? willany brand super high speed SD card work with the fz20??
fred-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 9:45 PM   #7

fred-O wrote:
Quote:
HI guys, thanks for your answers, I live in Barbadosin the Caribbean, so it will be hot all year round, soI'll go with the silver,next ??? willany brand super high speed SD card work with the fz20??

I like Transcend. It's the card Steve used in his FZ10 review (not sure about the other reviews) and it is VERY fast.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:06 PM   #8

Get them to put two on a shelf for you, one black, one silver. Now throw a dart at them. Which ever one you hit, thats the one you don't want :-)

For me it makes no diference, I plan to destroy it what ever colour it is. I have a Silver FZ10, nothing worng with it. Black would be fine. Makes no difference to the image. The heat argument is nothing to worry about, just look at all the black DSLR's and SLR's :-)

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote