Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:06 PM   #1

Found this poor little robber fly in the cats bowl of water. yep had to save it and dragged it out to dry. No mouth to mouth resuscitation was needed......thank goodness.

--------------------------------------------------------

So went outsideusing the +3 on front and found a small fly doing the old regurgitating and bubble trick.

Not a great comp this one, should have moved more to the left. Next time :-)

--------------------------------------------

So the curious macroholic always wants a closer look, so planted the Canon 100mm on front of the FZ10 and went in for a nosey.

------------------------------------------------

So that was a trip outside yesterday, sun shining for a change :-)

All the best macroholics.

Danny.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:15 PM   #2

I'm gonna start my new macro-tools savings account tommorrow. NZ what would you suggest as the first item to buy that gives the most bang for the buck?:?::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::roll:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:20 PM   #3

Gosh those are awesome nz!!! The detail is so vivid and clear. I can't wait to get
this good with my camera. It is facinating to see what a bug "really" looks like. Thank you for posting these shots.

Pockit
Pockit Foto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:20 PM   #4

Nikon 6T to start with and thats plenty enough for most. Don't go for a cheaper design like a normal closeup filter of +1, +2, +3, +4, go right to the Nikon's. 4T, 5T or 6T. They are corrected for CA. Twin element designs and you getdarn good ratios to go with it. The cost vs the quality is well worth it IMO.

ThanksM8t :-)

Danny.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:21 PM   #5

Danny...I want 1 of them lil robbers for my own!!!!! LOL i cant get over how friggin cool he looks...Man i love it......

as always top shelf Danny

will
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:57 PM   #6

Danny

macro mastery

I will stick to my subjects, leave macro to you
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:59 PM   #7

amazing shots! what macro lens are you using? that li'l robber fly almost looks cute, but too much like a mosquito... sterling work, though!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:12 AM   #8

Yeah they do look like mosi's huh, never really thought about it, but you are right Sq. About 5 times larger than mosi's though :-)They would be the most deadliest fly around. Very clever and skillful they are. They catch their prey in mid flight and force them to the ground. Deadly little buggers thats for sure.

Thanks folks and Will, I got one here with your name on it M8t. :-)

Danny.

Old Jan 12, 2005, 1:41 AM   #9

HEY :ideaan - o - pal- o - buddy...i got a IDea - yup - SHIP 1 TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets say a robber fly got into the lil box with ummm a camera part that u are selling me!!...ok the robber goes in u slammmm the box closed and bamm he's on his way to the sunshine state.....

and if you do ship I will be good to him....

1. I will help him rob!!!!! yup

2.I will knock his victim out of the air - just for him!!!!! yup

3. I will introduce him to sum really cute lady fly's here - in Florida - we have really cut 1's here!!!!! - yup

4.I will last but not least - help him to get his US citizenship so he can live in a great and caring country - not that yours is not - mine is a good 1 too

Just consider this DAN THE MAN I will have a subject / model from you m8t - 1 of the best macroPhotographer'sthatI have seen...p..e..r..i..o..d

The King Lives......On

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:11 AM   #10

LOLWillow, ya nutter. Shh I'll tell you atrue story M8t.

A friend in the US photographed a few orange aphids. I commented that we don't have orange coloured aphids here, just brown and green. "Ok I'll send some to you some". I thought he was joking of course.....eh eh wrong. LOL

Well about 10 days later guess what I got......yep apackage with a book in a plastic packet with aphids...orange ones. Heck M8t, how that ever got through customs is beyond me. I had to destroy them of course. We can't have exotic insects coming into the country. :-), Ya just can't do it M8t. LOL. It cracked me up though for sure. At least it was a good book on macro :-)

So there ya go Will, its crazy but it happened. :-)

Danny.