Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 12, 2005, 5:26 AM   #1

I enjoy reading these forums and I am impressed by how enthusiastic FZ20 owners are about their cameras. My comparison of sample pics supports your enthusiasm. However I am not 100% convinced, yet.

I would like to encourage owners of FZ20s to post their photos here to show just what an FZ20 can or can't do in low light. My decision on which camera to buy will certainly not be based on this but it will be one element in the decision. This issue has been discussed in another post: <http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=40673&forum_id=87>. Not too many FZ20 owners added their comments there. I hope you will take the challenge to do so here.

I am not looking for your best shots. Just want to see what the camera is capable of.
js63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:55 AM   #2

Here's a sunset shot with my FZ 20.
Attached Images

bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 9:07 AM   #3

Here's a picture from my fz10 (fz20 is better right )

Attached Images

TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:27 PM   #4

Tim,

Was a star polarizer used in this shot?
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 2:49 PM   #5

my experience so far is that the FZ'z will perform quite well in low light, if a tripod is used, and the photographer does his part in setting the camera up. i'll go through my files at home and see what i can come up with (other than the shot i posted of Christmas lights) to use as an example for you. meanwhile, go back and take a look at some of the Christmas lights pics posted last month. there were many shots put up that clearly show how the FZ20 does in low-light situations.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:04 PM   #6

"Queens Wharf"

Newcastle New South Wales Australia.

Edit:

I have more if you want them.
Attached Images

Anne Onimety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:12 PM   #7

my very first attempt at a sunset. I wish the clouds would have stayed parallel to the horizon, it would have given this sunset a surreal quality. Hope you guys and gals like...

seth
Attached Images

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:46 PM   #8

Top shot indiawala.
I hope I can do as well.

Cheers
John.
Anne Onimety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:23 AM   #9

js63 wrote:
Quote:
I enjoy reading these forums and I am impressed by how enthusiastic FZ20 owners are about their cameras. My comparison of sample pics supports your enthusiasm. However I am not 100% convinced, yet.

I would like to encourage owners of FZ20s to post their photos here to show just what an FZ20 can or can't do in low light. My decision on which camera to buy will certainly not be based on this but it will be one element in the decision. This issue has been discussed in another post: <http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...;forum_id=87>. Not too many FZ20 owners added their comments there. I hope you will take the challenge to do so here.

I am not looking for your best shots. Just want to see what the camera is capable of.
I posted this one earlier, but it's not a bad example of the FZ'z low-light capability...
Attached Images

Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:29 AM   #10

this one shows just the top of the Needle. as you can see even at full 12x zoom, the FZ can capture very nice, sharp images in low-light situations. both these shots were taken from a dimly lit side street a good mile away from the Needle...