Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:24 AM   #1

For one day or so my FZ20 has been behaving a little odd. In P mode when I half press the shutter, the lens moves ad crosses the actual focus position( indoors). The object is about 5-6 feet away still the camera produced hazy images. Its auto white balance is also haywire. it is giving yellow pictures in bulb lighting. It was not so some time back.:?

I am scared and the manual is no help. The only thing I remeber doing wrong is to keep the lens cover on while the camera is powered on on some occasions. Can this be the reason or is there some setting which has got altered. I am searching through the various settings and the manual, but some help will be much appreciated if someone has encountered a similar problem.

Thanks in advance.:roll:
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:07 PM   #2

I'm not sure what is up. Is the switch on the lens in the AF mode not MF? Did you set the WB manually recently? What setting is the WB currently on? Can you post a photo with the EXIF data in it?:arrow::?::!:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 3:38 PM   #3

I remove the lens cap after I turn the camera on and replace it before shutting it off. You can reach the lens better with the camera on. I don't know that it does any harm. It hasn't for over a year now.

My FZ10 has a reset in the menu that puts everything but the clock and file numbers back to the original default settings. Look in the manual – yours probably has it too.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:39 PM   #4

Thanks a lot nooner and slipe. yes it was as nooner said. I had forgotten that the focussing switch was on MF. Thank god ! What a relief.

I am sorry for panicking. Thanks again.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote