Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 12, 2005, 3:58 PM   #1

Hello everyone, could you please help me clear up this issue. I recently saw a Wide angle lens advertised for SLR camera's. If the thread size allows me to use it on my FZ20 should i buy it, or should i stay away from it because it is advertised for SLR camera's ? I have an adaptor that allows me to screw on additional lenses but are there specific wide angle lens for SLR's and Digitals? or are they the same len's? Thanks to all in advance for answering and helping me

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2005, 5:00 PM   #2

What is the brand and model number of the lens in question?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 5:18 PM   #3

TitaniumOptic .42X Super Wide angle conversion lens. I own the Panasonic FZ20 and the raynox 52mm adaptor.

Old Jan 12, 2005, 6:57 PM   #4

Titanium Optics lens do not work very well with the fz series (or anything else). If you are looking for a good wide angle lens for the fz20, consider the raynox dcr6600 pro .66x. Ithas 52mmthreadsand goes for around $100. There is also the raynox dcr5000 .5x, but the corners are rather soft focus.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:41 PM   #5

Checkout the following website for information:

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/index.html
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 1:41 PM   #6

Hello guys, here is a link to a brand name called DIGITAL. The link has the item for about $100 and a 2X telephoto lens also. Is this a good brand?? The reason i am asking is because i have the same items for sale together at about $100 and I think thats a great deal.

.42X wide angle lens with 52mm threads

2X telefoto lens with 52mm threads

Both brands are DIGITAL and will add upto $100 with shipping included.

Here is the link http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...u=SAKDOWA2X52B
Old Jan 13, 2005, 4:49 PM   #7

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
raynox dcr6600 pro .66x.
For what it's worth, this is my next purchase. As always, I read up on what's out there and considered this the best WA available because it has the least (almost undetectable) barrel distortion, which is what put me off to most WA's out there (what good are they if the images are disturbingly curved around the edges?) And, at .66 among the most powerful. Nothing is perfect, and its edges are a little soft (acceptable to me...) but I take the softness over the barrel distortion. Also, the ".66" (as opposed to .7's .8's) factor gives you something "real" to work with.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 5:35 PM   #8

A good deal is not what you should be looking at first. First, look at the posting on lenses here and see if anything that you are looking to buy is even mentioned or used by anyone with satisfactory results. If it is such a good deal then why is there not anyone posting back to give you examples of how great a deal you found there.

I don't think you will. Save your money and get something better than that. It is not what you would be satisfied with. You will feel cheated and it will surely take the joy out of this wonderful hobby.

Use the Search function.. you will get a better idea of what is going on rather than waiting on a post that will tell you that you found a great deal and to get it right away.

You have started out with a fine quality camera. Don't add anything that would diminish its abilty to take great pictures with cheap lenses.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 5:59 PM   #9

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
Titanium¬*Optic .42X Super Wide angle conversion lens.¬* I own the Panasonic FZ20 and the raynox 52mm adaptor.
I would be suspicious of the .42 spec. I would recommend sticking to the Olympus, Nikon, and Raynox conversion lenses for telephoto, wide angle, and macro.

I remember seeing the a "deal" from (I think) the same manufacturer and was advised to steer clear. When it comes to optics for you're camera your best sticking to the known commodities.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 6:14 PM   #10

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
Hello guys, here is a link to a brand name called DIGITAL. The link has the item for about $100 and a 2X telephoto lens also. Is this a good brand?? The reason i am asking is because i have the same items for sale together at about $100 and I think thats a great deal.

.42X wide angle lens with 52mm threads

2X telefoto lens with 52mm threads

Both brands are DIGITAL and will add upto $100 with shipping included.

Here is the link http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...u=SAKDOWA2X52B
These are not good lens. You will be wasting your money. Here is what I would recommend for around $100 combined. All have 52mm threads so would work best with the raynox rt5264p fz20 adapter.

$40 Olympus c210 1.9x tele at olympus/emporium specials
$50 Raynox dcr-720 .72x wa
$75 Raynox dcr-5000 .5x wa

You seem to be wanting that extra wide angle lens. Get the c210 and dcr5000 for about $125 shipped. Dont forget theadapter - another $20 shipped.