Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 12, 2005, 4:46 PM   #1

I just received my new FZ 3 yesterday and I have been practicing and reading.

I installed the supplied disk with ARC software. One of the 4 icons it placed on my desktop is PhotoBase 4.5. When I run that program and select "get photo from my camera" I get an error message " there is no twain driver installed" .. I found that I could get a photo from my camera with the selection"get from a removable media".

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Would you recommend other software to use with my camera or should I spend the time and energy learning this one?

Thank you

Greyguy
greyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2005, 6:36 PM   #2

greyguy wrote:
Quote:
I installed the supplied disk with ARC software. One of the 4 icons it placed on my desktop is PhotoBase 4.5. When I run that program and select "get photo from my camera" I get an error message " there is no twain driver installed" .. I found that I could get a photo from my camera with the selection¬*¬*"get from a removable media".

Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Would you recommend other software to use with my camera or should I spend the time and energy learning this one?

Greyguy
Hi and welcome... I never used the Arcsoft stuff but it's supposed to be pretty good. If you don't need more capability after a while, why bother?

Twain usually refers to scanned images, so "get from a removable media" would seen the correct option.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:58 PM   #3

Hi. Most programs I've used ACDsee, etc. "see" the FZ as removable media. I presume you're using a usb connection. So each timeyou get photos this will be your technique. Pbase is a good tool if you're starting out and will allow you to do most of thethings other photo organizers do. It's free and is a good way to begin image editing. Good luck and have fun.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:16 PM   #4

Thanks so much to both of you. I am in unchartered water and it's nice to know that these programs will be good enough. I just need to get familiar with the camera and the software. I am having a ball with the FZ3 and it is all the camera I need right now.

I am very appreciative of all the excellent advice I have received on selecting the FZ3 from you and people like you.

greyguy
greyguy is offline   Reply With Quote