Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 12, 2005, 11:56 PM   #1

I have been inspired by all the amazing posts of macro shots, so I just had to give it a try. I ordered the Raynox explorer set from B&H the other day and it's now on the truck.

Somehow I now have to wait for them to get here.

When they do, you just may have another "addict" on your hands. Thanks to all who have posted images and advice on macro photography as well as the Raynox lenses.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2005, 5:11 AM   #2

You will have fun with those!
Just a few things to remember (Nick told me this and it is very useful) DOF is a few mm so always use f8, this will maximise dof.
You dont always need to be at full zoom, I know it is tempting but hang around x7 until you get the feel of the beast and then move into x12. I would say that ~10% of my photos with the dcr-250 are ok and I have only taken a few that I consider good. It is a difficult lens to use so dont get discouraged.
Also with that sort of magnification light is a real issue and the flash may be needed.
Enjoy and I cant wait to see the results.
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:57 AM   #3

You're going to have alot of fun with these lens.Some suggestions: Start off with the dcr150 to get some experience. As treemonkey mentioned, f8 will give you greater depth of field. But with the lower powered dcr150 (+4 vs +8 for the dcr250) that is not as critical and a wider aperture will get you more light which will be critical in the early going. Practice on immobileobjects like coins and jewelry in as much light as possible.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:08 AM   #4

Thanks for the tips guys. I will follow your saged words and see what happens. I guess I should have ordered it one day sooner, UPS tracking shows a delivery on Monday.

No playing over the weekend.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 1:00 PM   #5

Check your UPS locally.

Sometimes, they have Sat am pickup hours.

:-)
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote