Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:43 PM   #11

dyu_d wrote:
Quote:
Hi Basac

I follow two simple rulz.

1. Shoot what u like - If you are of sound and normal mind like most people then your aesthetic sense will be as decent as the next guy... So if something appeals to u.. more likely that it will appeal to the common man.

2. I once read a quote from a famous photographer which said that if you want others to think you are a good photographer just show them your good photographs... i have a bunch of crap thats lying on my hard-disk....and im sure most well-known photographers have a bunch of their crap lying with them which is put away in safe so that it never catches anyones eye...
Welcome Dyu,

Those are the two best pieces of advise I have read on this forum.

You do have a very "sensible" eye for your subjects. There were several that I found quite appealing. I was very much attracted to the shot with the granite block high lighted with fill flash. Very nice. You are absolutely correct about the "crap" for every picture I like there are 20 that clutter my hard drive. I think have a very good start on your new hobby.

Besties (I like that) to you,
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 3:29 AM   #12

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
This is an absolutely fantastic gallery!!! I fully intend to look at every one, and revistit it (which I can't right now, since the pizza man is at the door :G)

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!

If you want to see what your FZ-20 can do, or just see some amazing photography, check out this gallery!
Hey Nick

I hope you enjoyed ur pizza as much i enjoyed you telling people to chk out my gallery.... that was as flattering as it could be.... thanks man...

Hey people thanks for all the feedback... I really appreciate it....

Saturday was a great day for me... Took part in a workshop conducted by Dr. Dilip Raval on digital photography. My first photography lesson of sorts... Most amazing work that Dr. Raval has done. He has studied under The Ansel Adams and John Sexton... and his view on photography and digital enhancement is just amazing.. Just makes you realise that the road ahead is indeed long.... and i intend to walk every bit of it.....

Do search for Dr. Raval's work on the net and let me know if you enjoy it.

Besties

Dyu
dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:34 AM   #13

After some good reviews on my previous posts... I dare to send intwo more link

People - http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c395699.html

Monumental Goa - http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c395676.htmlThe monumental goa shots are quite bad i must say... People have told me that there is quite a lot of tilt in the pics... I guess Architectural photography is not for me... But the link also has my first night shots... So ur reviews would help

Besties

Dyu

Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:35 AM   #14

dyu_d wrote:
Quote:
After some good reviews on my previous posts... I dare to send intwo more link

People - http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c395699.html

Monumental Goa - http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c395676.htmlThe monumental goa shots are quite bad i must say... People have told me that there is quite a lot of tilt in the pics... I guess Architectural photography is not for me... But the link also has my first night shots... So ur reviews would help

Besties

Dyu

Incase you guys have already viewd the pics... sorry for reposting the link...