Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 13, 2005, 1:45 AM   #1

Hey Everyone

My name is Dyu and im from India. I finally went and picked up the Panasonic FZ 20... new technology does take some time to land in my part of the world. I just love the camera... here are a few shots... would appreciate if i could get a few comments and critiques about the pictures...

Wonders of the light - http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c395651.html
Monumental Goa - http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c395676.html

I would really appreciate if you could help me with my learning of the wonderful aret of photography. It's been only 8 months that i've seriously started shooting.

You may also look at some of my other shots at www.dyudcunha.fotopic.net

Thanks a ton people

Besties

Dyu
dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2005, 6:34 AM   #2

Hi dyu, did you use any filters for your sunsets shots? Or did you just reduced you EV? Those pics are really good! I can't imagine if you start to get the hang of FZ20, your shots will be even awesome I think!
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:36 PM   #3

Here are a couple of mine...
Attached Images

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:37 PM   #4

This sunset was from a couple of days ago..or was it yesterday? hmm
Attached Images

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:25 PM   #5

spiderman wrote:
Quote:
Hi dyu, did you use any filters for your sunsets shots? Or did you just reduced you EV? Those pics are really good! I can't imagine if you start to get the hang of FZ20, your shots will be even awesome I think!
Hi Spider man

No filters were used.. the exposure was reduced to get the effect... Just something i learnt from other photographers... Though there is still a long way to go and im still learning ... learning... learning...

Indiawala... some great shots there....

Besties

Dyu
Old Jan 14, 2005, 4:27 AM   #6

Dyu, you have a wonderful galleries, very beautiful.
You know how to see the scene and capture them, you also known photography basic rules... that I can see on your photos.
Just shots more and more

Basac,
Basac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 4:40 AM   #7

Hi Basac

Thanks for the kind words... With regard to what u mentioned about rulz... i technically dont know much about the rulz.. I follow two simple rulz.

1. Shoot what u like - If you are of sound and normal mind like most people then your aesthetic sense will be as decent as the next guy... So if something appeals to u.. more likely that it will appeal to the common man.

2. I once read a quote from a famous photographer which said that if you want others to think you are a good photographer just show them your good photographs... i have a bunch of crap thats lying on my hard-disk....and im sure most well-known photographers have a bunch of their crap lying with them which is put away in safe so that it never catches anyones eye...

So there it is..... now you know my secret...

But having said that... i do make an effort to learn about the rulz that you mentioned and also get a better technically... some day i plan to join a proper photgraphy school to learn more... Tom im going for a days workshop on digital photography... this will be my first professional training of sorts ... so im quite excited...

Besties

Dyu
Old Jan 14, 2005, 6:26 PM   #8

This is an absolutely fantastic gallery!!! I fully intend to look at every one, and revistit it (which I can't right now, since the pizza man is at the door :G)

Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic!

If you want to see what your FZ-20 can do, or just see some amazing photography, check out this gallery!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 7:57 PM   #9

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
This is an absolutely fantastic gallery!!! I fully intend to look at every one, and revistit it
We know what Nick was thinking about when he was typtiting this...:G:?:?

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 7:57 PM   #10

Great gallery(s)...:|:|

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote