Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:37 PM   #11

This little guy grows up quick! I thought my kids grew up fast, your kid is growing even faster. (Get it? ...sad pun.) ...though some here apparently never grew past their juvenile, adolescent agnst phase. Have a good/safe trip, catch you in a week.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:38 PM   #12

goat eyes never fail to creep me out...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:57 PM   #13

Tim...just a lil foot note here....We can all be critical here but we don't be disrespectful to each other AT ALL....We welcome you as we welcome all...but please be kind to each other.......the subject here is not how good the photo looks but a simple update that GnomonMaster has offered to the people who would like to follow the growth of this baby goat thats all............
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:46 PM   #14

Well said Willow.

Number 3 is my favourite GnomonMaster. Keep them coming.

Nice tweak nooner.

Cheers
John.
Anne Onimety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:07 PM   #15

Thanks Guys, I know that I am not the best photographer, and I really do not know how to do much as far as enhancing the photos (all I do is crop and resize) plus I don't have a lot of money for software or extra lenses (I am a farmer) but I'll plug along and maybe get there eventually. Nooner thank you, that is even more colorful than real life! He is pretty bland and washed out, but the horns are coming in and the little bit of color he has is darkening a bit. You know it is funny, but young animals have very little smell to them (helps to hide them from predators)
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:17 PM   #16

You dont have to worry about being the best photographer...nor am I....You just keep the great photos coming.....I want a baby goat !!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:26 PM   #17

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
srry to say this.. but these photo's seem to be taken with the camera from your mobile phone? unsharp, blurry and flat.
Dude... We are here to help others. Not to degrade them.

Why don't you try some helpful pointers instead of bashing.

Thanks

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:32 PM   #18

Hey. Photography is hobby and like everything you get better with practice. The idea behind this forum is share ideas and learn about what it takes to get the photos YOU want :!: Most of us realize we have to start somewhere and do not presume to know it all. Then there are others who think they've got it down pat. Ignore them and shoot as many photos as you can and feel welcome to post whatever makes your heart happy:!: I did kinda overdo the goat, but I thought I'd cheer him up on a cold, damp day Here's a link to a free trial of Paintshop Pro. Try it out. I'm sure others may have some ideas on free programs like Infranview, etc.http://www.jasc.com/products/?
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:34 PM   #19

GnomonMaster wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Guys, I know that I am not the best photographer, and I really do not know how to do much as far as enhancing the photos (all I do is crop and resize) plus I don't have a lot of money for software or extra lenses (I am a farmer) but I'll plug along and maybe get there eventually. Nooner thank you, that is even more colorful than real life! He is pretty bland and washed out, but the horns are coming in and the little bit of color he has is darkening a bit. You know it is funny, but young animals have very little smell to them (helps to hide them from predators)
I have looked at many of your pics on this site, and you have some great ones. Don't let TimvdVelde's comment deter you in any way. You are doing fine. It's just like anything else... Keep plugging away.

By the way... although the technical aspects of your these particular shots could use improvement, I think you captured the mood beutifully.

Nice work... Keep um comming m8t...
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:26 AM   #20

at least i'm being honest.

And yes I could give advice, but I don't know what advice i could give.
If these foto's would appear on my computer.. i'd just remove 'm and try it again untill i'm satisfied.

If I wanted to post photos like these on the forum, it would be like:
"what could be a better way to take this photos?"

Now.. he posted it like this " A few nice shots of the little guy, "

well I disagree on the nice shots, but thats an opinion. If you post your photos on a forum, you need to stand to criticism. If my photos are not good, i don't want anybody to say they are good.

Cheer up people

EDIT: I didn't knew this subject was te growth of the little goat. This chances some things..
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote