Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:45 PM   #11

I was just suggesting that setting since you were shooting at full zoom and could use all the light you can get. Iso 100 would give you a little less noise. I put those thru Noise Ninja using their FZ20 200 ISO filter. Full zoom should help DOF. Just some random brain droppings.............:arrow::arrow::roll::roll::a rrow::arrow::!:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:52 PM   #12

Ok, iso 100=less noise (does it also saturate the colors more?)

Full zoom requires as much light as possible, does this help with saturation also?

I will go check out the link that you posted me, but I only have the software that came with the camera. Does that matter?
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:24 AM   #13

ISO 100 and full zoom won't do very much to the saturation. You could boost in the camera or post processing. I did this with Photobase which comes with the camera. I would try the free PSP for 60 days for the greater range of control. Experiment. You can't hurt anybody(except the chicken)
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:29 AM   #14

[align=left]Nooner: Thank you very much. I gotta go catch some zzzz' style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"s, it is hard to keep up with your different rockstars![/align]
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:31 AM   #15

The photo enhancements are much better, but a little overdone. It looks unnatural. Maybe a bit less saturation
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:53 AM   #16

Tim,

How about showing it to us what you think it should look like? The last one was done with what GnonomMaster has as far as post-processing. Not everyone has Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Elements or CS or Paintshop Pro 9 to name a few. Try it with Photobase that came with the camera and see what you come up with.

GnomonMaster did mention that he has the camera and what came with it. That's all.

This makes agood case in point of what bobc was talking about in getting the most out of the camera first.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:07 AM   #17

vIZnquest schreef:
Quote:
Tim,

How about showing it to us what you think it should look like? The last one was done with what GnonomMaster has as far as post-processing. Not everyone has Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Elements or CS or Paintshop Pro 9 to name a few. Try it with Photobase that came with the camera and see what you come up with.
I know he did it with photobase. And it's not just "add saturation" in photobase. It's also a variable function, so I think it should be less satured, and yes... that is possible in photobase.

But here's what I come up (photoshop cs :roll

-> Original picture

Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:35 AM   #18

Hey tim. I took about 1 minute to that just for an example. I wasn't trying to win any contests only give him an rough idea of what he might do with what he has. Here you come with your brand of conceited criticism trying to oneup everybody and using PS CS which he does'nt own and doesn't want to spend alot of money on. I think you're here to prove how cool you are. Your presence has changed the mood of this forum and not for the better. You talk about honesty so I will be honest.
sryy to say this.....tim get lost.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:42 AM   #19

omg... here I am making a sample.. (effort) to see how you can get the best of this picture. And now you come and flame me out. I don't get you guys, is this an american thing ?

it was meant to help... geez
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:48 AM   #20

American thing? I guess so. You're not here to help. How does giving him another example in PS CS help. I stand by what I said. Criticism is a two way street. Don't like it, don't post. Later..............................:!: