Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:56 AM   #21

nooner schreef:
Quote:
Don't like it, don't post. Later..............................:!:
So you may only respond to the pictures that you like ? This makes absolutely no sense.. (to me)
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:58 AM   #22

Respond if you'd like. When someone says "srry to say this..." I know they're not. But they will be.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:02 PM   #23

is this all about just one post I made ? Then suddenly all of my other post are bad too ? Then there is just one thing left to do I guess... leave the forum. Maybe if someone else told me to go too, i will...

my intentions are not as bad as they seem
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:21 PM   #24

Tim,

Whomever makes mention of your leaving the forum should not be given the satisfaction.

Hang around in here and by all means your pearls of wisdom are of great value. Just don't use them as "cannon balls" is all. :lol:

Sincerely value your input overall.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:35 PM   #25

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
is this all about just one post I made ? Then suddenly all of my other post are bad too ? Then there is just one thing left to do I guess... leave the forum. Maybe if someone else told me to go too, i will...

my intentions are not as bad as they seem
Let's not be hasty. Sometimes, with forums, e-mails, etc. criticism can come across as unintentionally harsh. It's just the nature of this medium. Your initial post seemed a bit harsh to me. However, in turn, I am equally guilty of same in my own subsequent post,now that I've re-read it.Really, I think that all this boils down to - a communication issue, and the nuances (which we're all learning...) of a relatively new medium.

In the case of this particular thread, one of my favorites, we are seeing the growth of a kid from birth to... ??? That's the intent here, they're snaps, and not being posted for critical review. Additionally, these pictures were taken in the same geographic area where I live. It has been dark, rainey, dreary, here for weeks. Where I live, the airport canceled flights due to a dense, persistent fog.

In any case, criticism is always welcome, encouraged in fact (speaking for myself) provided it is intelligent and respectful. In the case of your initial post, I don't think that your intention was to be harsh or disrespectful, but it was perceived as such. And, not to be cliched, but perception is reality.

The goal is to keep this forum a fun, comfortable, place for old and new to come. It is refreshingly free of (stupid) flame wars and insults. For me - the key, (and I have not always been successful) is to not post something that I wouldn't have stated if that person was standing directly in front of me, and a mindfulness that simple statement are often perceived as harsh or curt based on the nature of the medium.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 4:42 PM   #26

Tim Van Der Velde: I can take a lot, I have thick skin. I wish you could spend a day doing what I do, then go out and take stellar shots under much less than ideal lighting/weather conditions. I am learning to use the camera, when I feel that I have gotten to the point where I am completly comfortable with it, THEN I wil move to the next step of "polishing up the images post production" I'd say you were a lot younger than I and have not had too harsh a life. Just be a little less BLUNT and things will go easier for you both here and in life in general. I hold no ill will towards you, non do I wish any misfortune your way. Understand that I am LEARNING.
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:37 PM   #27

Great attitude and well said:!::!:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote