Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:43 PM   #1

All well personal one
I am wanting to buy a lens close up Nikon (Nikon #6T 62mm) and would like to know if has resulted of it connected together to one #5T (Nikon Close-up #5T 62mm) or same with one #6T (Nikon Close-up #6T 62mm)
This would be one exaggerates? I will go to connect it in one stepdown (72-62mm) in a Panasonic FZ20.
I wait photos taken off with the lenses or suggestions.

:O

[]s
SaGaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:23 PM   #2

Nikon says you can stack them.
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:32 PM   #3

Yes I know, but type I visited this site: http://www.wilkesworld.co.uk/closeups.htm it only uses the lens #6T Desire then to see if some of has photos of macro with one or more of these connected lenses
I am curious

[]s
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:21 AM   #4

I know that the 6t is stronger (magnify) than the 5t, I do not know the exact number for each one.
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:07 AM   #5

the 6t is 2.9 diopter, the 5T is 1.5. SaGaz wants toknowwhat happens if you stack the two together, and if anyone has photos taken that way? i know you CAN stack them, i've never tried, as the 6T offers plenty of magnification for what i want to do. but some of Willow's macros of insects, taken using the 6T in conjnction with other close-up lenses, are really incredible. SaGaz, check some of Willow's work, it'll give you an idea of what to expect.the biggest concern with stacking close-up lenses like that (the 6T and tht 5T together would give you combined magnification ofabout 4.3 diopter) is that the depth of field would be fairly small, and that might make getting the best results tricky.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 2:09 AM   #6

Stack away. I have stacked the Raynox dcr-250 (+8) and Nikon 6T (+3) to give a crazy +11! Apparently you aren't supposed to put the weaker lens first but that was the only way it was possible. Images are still sharp although things go a little crazy at that magnification, DOF is almost non-existent! :lol::?:?:?:whack::whack::crazy:
Attached Images

Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:09 AM   #7

Debtor to all, I find that I go to be only with 6T msm... using tele with it I will go to have good results

[]s
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:31 AM   #8

I don't think you should connect with a step down... as said many times before you need an adapter and get rid of the panasonic 72 mm stuff it is way too far away from the lense..... I have the rayonex RT5264P and itconnects directly to thecamera and holds 52mmlenses and filters very close to the lense... but since the 6T is 62mm I might be looking for a phayee adapter also...

Ernie
TopSpin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:46 AM   #9

I using with stepdown, will not go to have vigneting from that zoom? He would be risky same to use stepdown with this lens, I I would have other risks without being vigneting? As I am Brazilian, I go to buy in the B&H and not meeting there the Phayee. Some another adapter has the same function of phayee in the B&H?

Obrigado

edit:

Who has this lens and the FZ20 uses that adapting? It would have another exit without being to use the Payell?!?!?!
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:46 PM   #10

HELP HELP