Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2005, 7:31 PM   #11

Yup you got it right.

fz20 lens->phayee adapter->hood->protector->lens cap

For the times that may come where I actually get to go out in the bright sunshine, I will add the last part of the phayee, a 72mm rubber lens hood and then a 72mm hoya uv filter. After of course taking off the 62mm parts
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:04 PM   #12

kaiserb_uk wrote:
Quote:
Sukis.....

Read the sticky at the top of this forum for the low-down on adapters and filters and stuff.....taught me loads! I've just managed to get Paypal verified and will be ordering the Phayee shortly, just wanted to ask the original poster (from Liverpool - a brit wahay!) how the service was/is from shanghai?
Hi kaiserb_uk,

Thanks for the tip! I will read that sticky and learn from it!

While I can't speak on how deliveries from Shanghai, China, to the United Kingdom are(I live in Northern California, U.S.A.), I can tell you that I got my Phayee(and other goodies) in a very timely manner, and it was well packaged in a small box. From what I've read, it seems that the folks who post here(who've bought a Phayee) have had no problems getting their Shanghai deliveries. I'm usually very weary about buying anything from that far away...but Rong Jin(who sells the Phayee on eBay) has made a believer out of me...and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.
I hope that the original poster of this thread can give you the same reassurances...thanks again!

Geoff
sukispop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:20 PM   #13

GnomonMaster wrote:
Quote:
Yup you got it right.

fz20 lens->phayee adapter->hood->protector->lens cap

For the times that may come where I actually get to go out in the bright sunshine, I will add the last part of the phayee, a 72mm rubber lens hood and then a 72mm hoya uv filter. After of course taking off the 62mm parts
Thanks for the verification, GnomonMaster!

Is your rubber collapsible hood a Hama or Hama clone? If so, couldn't you just use the setup you've got, except swap out your clear glass(lens protector) filter for the uv(and/or a polarizer), and then extend your rubber Hood to its maximum(telephoto) extension? That should prove more than satisfactory, without having to resort to getting a 72mm hood and filter(s), adding to your "parts" bin, and subtracting from your wallet.
I emailed a very respected member here, Dr. "CK" Shene, and asked him for his advice on the optimal setup for my FZ15 with the Phayee. He recommended using only the first half of the Phayee, getting whatever filters I felt I'd need in the 62mm size, and a 62mm rubber collapsible hood. He told me that using the collapsible hood at its proper position(for my desired application) should give me the light control that I'd need without any vignetting.

Geoff

sukispop is offline   Reply With Quote