Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:51 AM   #1

Hi folks,

This forum is growing really fast;And so many new topics are started every day, It'sbecoming difficult to keep up.

Because the pana forum seems a pretty happy society, which sticks to it's 'own' forum mostly, would it be a nice idea to add some subcategories? Something like 'post your images' / 'tips 'n tricks' / 'hardware questions' / 'software questions' ?

Or would that seperate us too much from the others :G

Cheers! GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:08 AM   #2

Concur.

You have my vote, was thinking something similar but as a newbie ...

Ian - almost an FZer
Ian48Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:19 AM   #3

:idea:

Agree, that will avoid repeated topic or question by new member and reduce time 4 searching.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Will be Fluzier this spring
zoegy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:21 AM   #4

yup. It's a fulltime job, checking al the posts and answers.. this will speed up things
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:46 AM   #5

Isn't it funny how all of a sudden there are too many posts to read. I am finding I have to search multiple pages to see what I missed.

Has anyone else noticed there are more pictures being posted than before. There seems to be an equal level of technical questions asked, but right now, 17 of the posts are related to pictures.

Is it a good idea to separate these or does everyone enjoy seeing both? There are multiple forums for picture posting and I believe Steve designed it this way for a reason.I prefer the technical side myself, but that is just me.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:14 PM   #6

Tim's idea was attempted but I can't say for sure if it can happen unless Steve see's that we would like that to happen on this particular model forum.

I do see how valuable that would be for this busy forum and if possibly a sticky could be made for at least a few categories that would be great.

Basically sub category within a category of the pana forum.

Maybe it will happen.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 1:20 PM   #7

One thing about posting all one type of photo's in one post is people will have to down load all photo's to get to 1 or 2 new ones. For dial up users this would be really time consuming. So it is not really practical. For tips and other text it seems ok.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:28 PM   #8

jer1ivp wrote:
Quote:
One thing about posting all one type of photo's in one post is people will have to down load all photo's to get to 1 or 2 new ones. For dial up users this would be really time consuming. So it is not really practical. For tips and other text it seems ok.
you can turn off image downloading in internet explorer, and right-click on the image placeholders and click "show image" (if i remember correctly anyway... i'm using opera, and you can just press "g" to toggle between loading images, not loading images, or loading only cached images). not that i'm suggesting that's how things should be set up, but if you encounter a site where that's an issue, this might help...
plenTpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:00 PM   #9

... I think it's cool as it is. No need to change the structure. My take is that this is the Christmas/post Christmas traffic boom. Lots of new folks will come on, post a few photos, ask some questions, post a couple posts then disappear, which is fine. A percentage will stick around, at which time things will slow down.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:35 PM   #10

I agree with Nick.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote