Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:26 PM   #1

I took these shots using a single element macro filter +4. All were taken hand held. I realized that it is really not so easy to take macro shots and also, the macro filters that I have at the moment are not good enough for super macro. But they do perform better than magnifying glass, for e.g like macro pics for watches, coins .....are not a problem with these filters.

But I am waiting for my Nikon 3T & 4T! They are on their way! I really can't imagine what they can perform. Of course I also need to learn so much more about macro.

Btw, I am also waiting for my external flash to come too.

The 1st pics is sharpened, brightened and resized. The 2nd pic is heavily edited! hehe...:-)
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 3:53 PM   #2

... an impressive start. Don't sell yourself short! Looking forward to your posts when you get your new set of tools.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 4:06 PM   #3

Thanks Nick for your kind comments.

I would recommend those single elements macro filters(cheap) for super macro pics like spiders, bugs, small insects. One definitely need a double elements macro close up like Nikon's, Canon's, Raynox's....etc.

BUT for macro shots on watches, coins.....etc, these cheap lens are indeed quite good! They are better than holdng magnifying glass in front of your camera.
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote