Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2005, 9:59 PM   #1
RDV

I can't seem to get a sharp shot with the converter lens attached. The shots in the woods were at 80 yards thru shadows and bright spots and the wind was blowing. Iused a tripod but may have been getting vibration from the wind. I used spot focus, converter on,#2 OIS. Just resized. Any tips for shots at full zoom with converter attached.
Attached Images

RDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:00 PM   #2
RDV

Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:01 PM   #3
RDV

Attached Images

Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:18 PM   #4

hi..i am having the same problem...pic no 3 is good....thats about the best i could have getting with my setup as well.. make sure your turning off "IS" when using a tripod..and use the timer at least 2 sec..now if your talking full zoom as in digital as well i have found it takes lots of light to get a good sharp pic...when i get the proper time to do some zoom test shots i will post them...its funny howSMAC..who is 1 of the best at panning and capturing eagle's in flight can do this when i have problems with a bird setting on a perch (soft focus) most of the time......
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 8:39 AM   #5
RDV

Thanks for the reply Willow. I didn't try any shots with the IS turned off. I'll try that today. I didn't use digital zoom and did use the timer. I was beginning to think something was wrong with my camera or maybe I need an eye exam. I'm with you on the statement about SMAC and I read a post where he said he is ready for a converter lens. I keep looking for some post where someone used a converter on something besides the moon. I enjoy your shots and have a good day!!!
Old Jan 15, 2005, 8:48 AM   #6

You may not need to turn OIS off.

Tripod is good.

As I examine the photo there are several little branches that may fool your focus.

Are you using spot focus by the way?

Go here to see two examples with b300 & fz20 handheld with OIS =2, no converter lens setting (did not set to tele).

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=50

Good luck!
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 9:12 AM   #7
RDV

Thanks digcamfan. Your handheld shot looks better than my tripod shots. Yes I used spot focus. I've lost some good nature shots due to soft focus. I'll keep practicing until I get it. Have a good day!