Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 15, 2005, 5:27 PM   #1

Tat on a friend's back. Resized and Andromeda's "Scatterlight" PS plug-in, "Portrait" halo applied. (Used in place of gaussian blur... little too sharp, was this one. Not wanting to see skin pores, and freckles, etc.)
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2005, 5:33 PM   #2

Cool Nick... How big is the tat?

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 5:37 PM   #3

Gigantic. Covers her entire back. She had it done by some famous NY tatoo artist. This picture is about "real size". She hasn't had it colored in yet, and I think she shouldn't. Works well as almost a line drawing, very detailed, looks almost like an etching.

I almost never think tatoos do anything positive for women. At best, they don't detract, at worst they look tacky. But this one works.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 6:14 AM   #4

Just gives me the shivers thinking about the size and what she went through M8t. Hey I'm a big woss Nick :-). That getting to a heck of high ratio Nick. 6T ?? or naked lens.. Certainly makes for interesting patterns in this shot. Nice effect thrown in as well.

all the best waaaaay up yonder mate :|

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:38 AM   #5

nzmacro wrote:
Quote:
Just gives me the shivers thinking about the size and what she went through M8t.
Hi Danny,

Oh... tell me about it. This gal is around 23, very thin, almost frail-looking, not the type (whatever that is) you would think that has a giant tat that covers her entire back. This pic is (obviously) just a small part of it.

Taken with the n'ked lens outdoors at night with the built-in flash. Nothing special, no tricks. As you say, thought it made an interesting pattern.

Best,

Nick
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:06 AM   #6

very interesting indeed...the mer flatness of it,knowing its a small section of the tat of course...It can be seen as body art or even street art...whenI look at it a certain way it looks like it is the beginning of a painting on a wall or the outside wall of a building.Even as you commented..on theetching effect..if you look close it has a almost sewed on look to it. the effects you usedwhere very effective for this shot..well done Nick m8t.........o btw could it be a page from a coloring book?
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:15 AM   #7

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
very interesting indeed...the mer flatness of it,¬*knowing its a small section of the tat of course...It can be seen as body art¬* or ¬*even street art...when¬*I look at it a certain way it looks like it is the beginning of a painting on a wall or the outside wall of a building.Even as you commented..on the¬*¬*etching effect..if you look close it has a ¬*almost sewed on look to it. the effects you used¬*where very effective for this shot..well done Nick m8t.........o btw could it be a page from a coloring book?
I was hesitant to post this one, as it's nothing special, really. No post stuff, or add-on lenses... just a quick snap. But just as you said, the flatness of it... and its etching-like quality, and as NZ points out, I keep thinking of the pain this gal must have been in. (I think this is why she hasn't had it colored...) I guess a good shot evolks some thought or emotion? Makes you gaze linger a bit? Dunno... The effect really didn't add too much. It just kinda took the edge (sharpness) off a bit. This is one of those ones that unsharpning hurts.

And yes, it does look like a page out of a coloring book. :G