Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 16, 2005, 2:28 PM   #11

and another pic, this one is one out of 200 that I took that evening in carlsbad
Attached Images

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:46 PM   #12

Quote:
That said, your two posts are just ridiculous. Beautiful. I hope I don't offend you by saying that. :?
...just to be clear, I was refering to the stunning photos you posted, not your comments.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:03 PM   #13

Resajune & Nick,

In my case. I try to give advice on things that I can, but the level of many here is above mine, and I can only post a complement to them.

I think people need encouragement first and foremost, and when they see pics posted that are better than their's... That should give them the motivation to get better.

When I see the pics of the "Top Dogs" on this site, it makes me want to someday be that good, and keeps me working towards that goal.

And...

I miss Treemonkey...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:15 PM   #14

First of all,...no matter how bad or horrible a pic would be, I or anybody should never put it down, or critize it in a way that would hurt that person because photography like all art is subjective....what is good to me is bad to you and vice versa.

What I meant is any input besides nice or great pic would be beneficial to the guy taking the pictures and the whole community here, because we all learn from tips and tricks and that is how I learned most of the tricks in improving shots.

Sometimes I want to say something to improve a person's shot, but its difficult when 20 members say "wow what a great shot,...just terrific".....

Thats all.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:20 PM   #15

Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
Sometimes I want to say something to improve a person's shot, but its difficult when 20 members say "wow what a great shot,...just terrific".....Thats all.
... by all means, don't censure yourself! Don't base your comments on other feedback in the thread! We all lose out if that's the case.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 7:43 PM   #16

I agree with Rezajune here.. I think Tim was probably the first here to give his opinion which was taken even by me to be a bit too harsh. I only said what I did because there was nothing offered as a suggestion to help improve the pictures posted.

Rezajune,

Both of those pictures are just great IMHO. I miss the ocean and well it helps me living out in the midwest to see something that I love and miss.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:12 PM   #17

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I agree with Rezajune here.. I think Tim was probably the first here to give his opinion which was taken even by me to be a bit too harsh. I only said what I did because there was nothing offered as a suggestion to help improve the pictures posted.

Rezajune,

Both of those pictures are just great IMHO. I miss the ocean and well it helps me living out in the midwest to see something that I love and miss.

Mahalo,

Tom
Quit sucking up...:G

Just kidding

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:37 PM   #18

I think he's left the building...
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:11 PM   #19

monkey...I hate to see you go..but Ithink that clicking a mouse button every now and then is not a bad idea just to check in...I can say thatI have not even left single comment on a pic that I feel needs improvement from my vantage point..just for the fact that if he or she wanted tips they would ask for it..Like my brother said to me 1 time he hated to show his sculptures to every body he comes across only because people always look forevery little thing that they don't like about it .its art just like photographs we can always find something to say about some ones photo if you get right down to it, but why..likeI said if a person wants a "what couldI do to improve this shot"I am sure heor shewill get it ...and as for the idea of a sub dir,for the photos that looks fine to themthat want to just show there photos,a sub dir would be nice..I feel like Nick does we don't need to all just fall to piecesover the fact that we have had a big influx of post...I can go back and look where just about every thing a person could ask for help with has been covered..I think the new people should go back and look for them selfs the help and info is there..heck its all been covered like frigging TUBES there is tons of info on extensions tubes..reza,Nick.Danny and the list goes on has giving a wealth of advice and help..these guys are sharp as a tack and deserve a tip of the hat.......Monky for you to leave would be a waste of great talant....we will be looking for ya.........

willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 9:15 AM   #20

Oh BOO HOO ...

If he wants to go let him ...of course he will be missed but his last few posts to newbies ...or would be newbies ... proved he was agitated about this forum.

I think it is good that he take some time and cool off ...

The forum has changed alot but it is not a social club ...although it substitues as one for many. It seems like some live on this forum ... get out enjoy life because it is short!

Happy shooting mates!
Goldstar is offline   Reply With Quote