Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:17 AM   #61

wise wrote:
Quote:
OMG! Nick that was NOT a rant. Semi or otherwise.
Thanks, but beg to differ... However, if you don't wish to read my rant cited by Wise, above, here's the abstract:

1. It is an honor to have someone think highly enough of you expertise to ask you for it...

2. It is an honor to have someone think highly enough of you opinion (regarding a picture they might post here, for instance) to ask you for it...

3. It is an honor to have someone else take the time to look at your post, and take the time out to offer their reply...

Newbies? Always welcome as far as I'm concerned. Even the lazy ones (the amount of nfo is overwhelming) for reasons sited...

NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:35 AM   #62

For picture posting, I think there should be two distinct categories. One for seeking advice and other for sharing and comments.

In the first one anyone with a problem with a specific picture could post and get advice. Newbie section should be kept in the second category otherwise the people who are able to give sound advice will most likely stay clear of the newbie photo section and one newbie will be advising another, like one blind man leading other.

And in newbie section there is a possibility of subcategories too:Gto save the distraught members the trouble of finding adjectives. 1. Absolute idiots, 2. Dummies,3. Greenhorns, 4. Tidbits, 5. Nitwits, 6. Misfits etc. :-):-). Why not let the different clubs of newbies fight it out among themselves and from time to time an old salt declares the winner.:lol:

wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 4:17 AM   #63

Hey I am glad something good has come out of my little joke of a thread ... problems really are opportunities to do things better! I still Treemonkey doesn't leave us forever ... but does change calling people idiots ...no one deserves to be called any derogatory name...

I am excited to see all the responses, ideas and creativity coming out of the minds of people ... I am just sitting back checking in once and awhile reading and learning from other posts.

I have learned so much from just reading what others have read ...as well as ignoring what others have read or posted as a thread ...my hat is off to all the moderators for handling this thing with guts and ingenioity ...however you spell that word! ...
Goldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 8:31 AM   #64

wise wrote:
Quote:
Ahem! ----Sorry to disturb you guys. I have a problem with a moon shot which I haven't seen with all the glorious moon shots posted from time to time. Will google or the manual help in this regard? I dare say no. I will have to get the views of the experienced people and for that purpose I have to post the pic also.

So, do I have the permission of the commision?:?
I have no idea what you just meant in the above.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:42 AM   #65

I've seen members posting one or two images, and providing a link to their online gallery with the rest of the bunch. I think that's a quite handy solution; saves a lot of posts; and after all we're photographers, and like to show our results to the world :idea:

-------
Quote:
Will google or the manual help in this regard? I dare say no.
He's wondering wether he's got the 'right' to ask this question (thus not being considered lazy or such), because he presumes it cannot be found in the manual or using goole.If I were in a comission, I'd say 2 things: 1: Try google first before presuming it won't work; 2: Does the moon differ from any other subject one needs a tripod for? Now that i'me not in any commision, I'll say this: http://www.pbase.com/tvpopta/image/36713235

I fully agree with Nick and his 3 points of consideration. It's simply how it is; What are you willing to find out yourself, and what not? We're no prossionals; We're hobbyists. We do this because we like it. In my thinking patttern, someone likes it to do some research, trying to find answers on questions about stuff he likes...

GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:36 PM   #66

Is Goldstar really Treemonkey?:?::?:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:46 PM   #67

No I am not ... I was on awhile back ...way back ... and have since changed my name ...
Goldstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 1:06 PM   #68

"I do not know what your destiny will be but one thing I know...

"The only ones of you who will be truly happy will those of you who have sought and found a way to serve."

Albert Schweitzer, MD
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 1:41 PM   #69

Digicam, you're the only guy I know with more posts then Nick:O
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 1:50 PM   #70

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Digicam, you're the only guy I know with more posts then Nick:O
Hmmmmmmmm...:?

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote