Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:19 PM   #71

bobc wrote:
Quote:
nooner wrote:
Quote:
Digicam, you're the only guy I know with more posts then Nick:O
Hmmmmmmmm...:?

bobc
Ya know, I used to be a little embarrassed about that... But I concluded that I watch ZERO t.v... literally, so this has taken its place from an idle time standpoint. It's not that I don't like t.v. but there's nothing other than football that's on that I like (I HATE all reality TV... sick of talking head news shows... don't like any of the sitcoms...) and I'm a just casual football fan. (LOVE hockey but the NHL is out until ???) I can do something else on Sunday's and not spaz, and just check out the highlights. So I watch maybe 0 to 3 hours tops a week? I'm also in front of a PC connected to the Internet all day without much that's pressing (...I teach, and after classes I keep office hours for students, to grade tests and papers. It's not like it used to be when I had a "real" job, ran around like a chicken with its head cut off, and didn't have time even to use the men's room when needed!)I used to get 100 to 200 e-mails a day in my old job. Now I get four or five (...life is good), so I learned to read and type stupid-fast.

And I just like the folks who post here... That plus an addictive personality whose a "people person". And I like photography... and my camera. Besides, others are catching up. And Bobc has more posts than me too, as he pointed out.

Okay...wtf. I'm addicted to this stupid forum, okay?!?! Happy?!??! There's worse things, right?!?! Right?!?!

Isn't there?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:33 PM   #72

So I'me not the only one who doesn't watch tv..
(okay, I made an exception today, because of the reveal ceremony of the new Airbus A380 :G)

greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:40 PM   #73

Sorry bobc. I didn't mean to slight you. I guess in my haste I didn't realize that you had outdone Nick. My apologies. I'm just trying to catch up, but I now realize it's hopeless and that the best I'll be able to do is stay even:sad:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:41 PM   #74

greenbaron wrote:
Quote:
So I'me not the only one who doesn't watch tv..*:*
NO! At least in the US, it just SUCKS! I'm more a social type. If I didn't like beer so much (...and if my wife wouldn't object) I'd be hanging out at the corner pub. Coffee shops are cool too, but at $4.00 per cup, that gets pricey and the caffine...

So, that relegates me to this "Internet cafe..." :G
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:41 PM   #75

Bummer. When I first came here my impression was 'finally, a place with no arguing' and it was very pleasant to read the posts and view the pictures and not see the "I'm better than you" attitude. And I felt comfortable with asking my newbie questions. I hope this site doesn't fall apart.

rbgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 4:22 PM   #76

This site stays together with those who take a civil approach and continue to have a sense of humor.

What is happening is growing pains and the discussion is a healthy one. Right now the Pana group is really rockin' because word of mouth is out about how great these Lumix lense cameras really are. Its makin' alot of noise. :?(pun intended).:G
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 4:39 PM   #77
Fox

rbgc wrote:
Quote:
Bummer. When I first came here my impression was 'finally, a place with no arguing' and it was very pleasant to read the posts and view the pictures and not see the "I'm better than you" attitude. And I felt comfortable with asking my newbie questions. I hope this site doesn't fall apart.

The waters around here may get rough at times, but trust me, things will calm down quick. We have a great group of people here.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 5:18 PM   #78

" Just because your penis surgery was not successful is no reason to go off half-cocked" George Carlin 1997
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:08 PM   #79

Regarding earlier quote re feedback on photos:

"For picture posting, I think there should be two distinct categories. One for seeking advice and other for sharing and comments. "

Here was my simple suggestion on a nudder forum:

On a serious note (as they say in Satellite radio....? :blah

A code!

CSTW

C=comments

S=suggestions

T=tweaks (photo worked on by other than thread author and placed on thread)

W= Welcome

Simple.

If you don't want tweaks, then...

CSW

On a less serious note (like your first tuba lesson)

If you don't want nuttin from nobody never, then...

GFY*

:blah:

* someone asked what GFY means...so...here it is..GFY = GoFoto Yourself!

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:29 PM   #80

greenbaron wrote:
Quote:
I've seen members posting one or two images, and providing a link to their online gallery with the rest of the bunch. I think that's a quite handy solution; saves a lot of posts; and after all we're photographers, and like to show our results to the world :idea:
*snip*
This is neat...but a problem with that is when the link to the external world gets cut...ie that website ceases to function or goes offline, then it can be irritating. While links within the steves digicams website will usually work.
Kenny_Leong is offline   Reply With Quote