Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 16, 2005, 12:07 AM   #1

Trying out my brothers FZ20 and a few macro shots. So we have two babies here which is nice :-). So out of the FZ20 and just using a simple +3 on front.

The kissing cousin's. The FZ10 with a Canon 100mm on front and the FZ20 (left) with a Canon 35-70mm on front.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the FZ20 and a +3. A hover fly on very smaller flowers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The little hover fly moving onto a few others flowers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small coloured daisy I think it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All taken at ISO 100, noise filter applied. Very impressive IMHO.

So thats a few from the FZ20. Next will be using the added 35mm slr lenses for higher ratios. Could be interesting at 45x instead of the FZ10's 36x.....including the digital zoom of course.

I like the FZ20's EVF, the continuous slow burst instead of being limited to 7 frames on the FZ10. The mode dial is SUPERB !!!. Wish the FZ10 had that and those modes.Honestly can't see the point of RAW, but thats just me.

All the best folks :-)

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2005, 1:17 AM   #2

Great shot nzmacro...

So I take it you like the FZ20... Cool...:|

Love your shots m8t...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 1:20 AM   #3

Yeah Bob the FZ20 is excellent, no doubt at all and why some find problems with noise and the such, is just waaaay beyond me. It really is superb.

All the best Bob and thanks M8t :-)

Danny.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 1:33 AM   #4

Cool shots NZ. It's nice to see what the FZ20 can do in your hands. One question, it looks like you shot the first two in aperture priority and the last in manual, If thats true I was just interested in why because I plan to experiment using a Nikon 6t as you suggested. Mind if I pick your brain?:O
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 5:41 AM   #5

Nooner mate.

I tried to keep the EXIF this time nooner. Mine I normally save as all tif's so that disappears.

What fascinated me was the function knob and I was just playing with it to see what it did :-)So it would have ended up on what my brother has his set for. I did make sure on aperture priority that is was set at F/8 though.

I always use F/8 and whatever the shutter speed is I never really know except from the EXIF. So no real reason why that happened, just playing M8t.

Ok, 90% of the time I'm on aperture priority with F/8, spot metering so I can vary that somewhat by just moving slightly and then moving back to the subject. If necessary I'll flick up the inbuilt flash. If its a real cloudy day I'll add the slave flash. I use iso 50 on the FZ10.........but man did the FZ20 surprise me on iso 100. That really is one very smooth setting IMHO and one which is the dead opposite of what I've been reading about. So iso 80 and iso 100 I could live with for sure.

All the best nooner, I generally forget things so if there is anything you want to know, just ask away and hopefully we can help M8t. :-)

Danny.

Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:52 AM   #6

... great work as always. I'm just out of superlatives. Love the daisy. You brother should post some pix! He's obviously into it.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:31 AM   #7

NZ, thanks for taking the time to clue me in. I'm getting a 6t from BH Photo so I can try what you suggested. Interesting to here your thoughts on the FZ20. I've been happy so I don't listen too much to any techno criticism. Hope you and your bro are having a good time and, like Nick, I think you should have him post a couple. Cheers M8t:arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::arrow::!:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:58 PM   #8

Hi, I'm new to the forum and soon to be fz20 owner. Am I seeing your setup right - is the Canon 35-70 inverted? I have an old Tokina 35-70mm and 80-200mm, both take 55mm filters. Can I do the same thing and what do I need to attach them? BTW your macro photos are awesome!!!
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 6:21 PM   #9

Danny nice shots with the FZ20 not a bad camera at all huh...all shots look nice and sharp nice color retention on the lil daisy

nice 1's m8t willow
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 6:29 PM   #10

Words don't do these shots justice.
Just beautiful.

Cheers
John.
Anne Onimety is offline   Reply With Quote