Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:25 PM   #11

Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
the best advice I can give you is to walk in the morning with an empty stomach and if you can handle it take some coffee and aspirin or the famous ECA stack (beware though of that stack)..like I said...empty stomach.

Buy a heart rate monitor and keep your heart rate in the target heart rate zone 2. If you do this you are burning 85% of that with fat, and if you are very very out of shape start in zone 1 for a while and work up to zone 2.

here is a link to figure out what your target heart rate should be.

http://www.fitzones.com/members/Fitn...rate_zones.asp

http://www.sarkproducts.com/maximum_heart_rate.htm

http://www.sarkproducts.com/targetzonecalculator.htm

let me know if you have any other questions....I used to be a pro trainer for celebrities and know somewhat a lot when it comes down to getting in shape or physical therapy...and getting leaner.

and by the way...get over the sad story...that is nothing, once I slept with a really chunky girl and I almost died when she rolled over....just kidding,...incredible story and I am glad you are getting back to a healthy life and wish you the best, my best friend got killed by a drunk driver in high school....its really really sad
Thanks man.

I was a fitness trainer in the army. I know how to calculate my THR. I'll probably start at 65% of my MHRR. At my age... I don't want to work myself into a heart attack...:shock:

I will start out walking, and build myself back up to running (slowly). I use to be able to run 10 miles, but I would be happy with a goal of 2 or 3 for now.

I allready ordered the Total Gym since I posted this thread. I should be able to work all my muscle groups (pulling and pushing groups) with it.

I tend to train for endurance rather than strength, and intend to use negative reps to my advantage by making them twice as long as the posative reps to get a better training effect.

Again... Thanks, and if I have any questions... Can I PM you?

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:30 PM   #12

pm me anytime...and as much as you like.

I had many injuries and surgeries in my short life and what I also would recommend is just getting some adjustable dumbells from target or wal mar for 30 or 40 bucks and using those.

The equipment you are ordering I think is ok...my mom just got it, but what I don't like about it is that its pretty boring. Using free weights no matter how light the weight I believe is better emotionally or mentally.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:42 PM   #13

I tried looking up the "ECA stack" and all I found was sites that said it has been discontinued because Ephedra has been banned by the federal government.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 3:48 PM   #14

Thanks Rezajune. I have some dumbells as well, and I think it's just a matter of getting started and getting in the habit of doing it.

By the way... I was in a similar stuation with a chunky girl... She was sleeping on my arm. I almost had to chew my arm off to get it out from under her...:G

bobc
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:07 PM   #15

peterp..looks like you didn't look hard enough. When i went on google at least 20 good sites came up on ECA stack...

some of the sites

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/...y/faq/faq2.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/LowcarbingDream/ECA.html

go to google and keep on looking pages after pages and some good info will come up..and its only banned in 13 states.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:38 PM   #16

Ah k.:lol:, I'm in Canada which makes finding things even harder.

I'll try one of the sports supplement shops in the city see what they can come up with..
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 5:17 PM   #17

bobc wrote:
Quote:
[b]
Thanks smac. I think I'm gonna give it a try. What model do you have?

I am leaning toward the 1700. It has the Pilates bar and goes for about 350 bucks.

What do you think?

bobc
I think mine is the 2000. I think I paid around $400-$450?? Like I said it's been 4-5 years. Only difference I think is that mine has a slightly broader base and the back adjustment piller is just a bit wider as well. I think you'll like it. It comes with a flipbook of about 15 or so workout routines that target various muscle groups. I pretty much use mine for leg strength (you can do endless deep knee squats and because your back is supported their is no un-necessary strain on your knees. I also do the upper body workout for chest, shoulders and back and finish up with a couple of reps of 30 to 40 pull-ups. Something you could never do from a dead hang position. At least I never could. :lol: Common sense is your best guide. Other than that just make it a habit like brushing your teeth. By the way I agree with Rezajune, anything done exclusively will become boring. I alternate the T-Gym with biking and long walks with an overly energetic Jack Russel Terrier. I used to run but that puts too much strain on the knees and feet.
Good luck,
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:05 PM   #18

Thanks a lot smac.

My goal for this year is to get backin shape and take that 35 lbs. back off (a little at a time).

Thnaks for your help man...

bobc
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:19 PM   #19

Bobc,

Good on you bro. Kinda like you, I decided to lose some weight last year. I already had a treadmill so I dusted it off and started using it again. I had tried some of the fad diets like low carbs and such but I finally decided that if I burn more calories than I take in, I'm bound to lose some weight. I started counting calories and have lost almost 30 lbs. I feel great. Home exercise gear can be pretty boring. I was able to park the treadmill in front of the T.V. and it helped a bunch. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that if I can do it, there is no doubt that you can. Good luck to yam8t!

Best regards,

JED
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:00 PM   #20

Thanks JEDinNC. Good job on loosing the 30 lbs.

I think the key to weight control is being in shape. It enables your body to get rid of the garbage better.

Keep up the good work...

bobc