Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:33 PM   #11

Nick, I'm in total agreement with you. I've been browsing this forum for only a couple of weeks and have seen some extraordinary photos posted here. Definitely "coffee table book" quality. Great idea:idea:!
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:53 PM   #12

Reza, We are gonna need broadband to handle your ego<G>

Nick, sounds like a good idea, might I suggest a core of reviewers, or a polling system that we use to grade, catagorize, and otherwise render safe the photos that are to be put up on the site.
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:06 PM   #13

Nice idea Nick do you have the time to do it.

www.pbase.com is a very popular gallery btw.
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:24 PM   #14

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
Nice idea Nick do you have the time to do it.
I thinks so. Just rolling the idea around in my head right now. There's too many great photos and talent on this forum just to have these photos wasted residing on hard drives. I just wanted to get some honest feedback. It's something that I figure would take 6mos to a year to do.

... at least I have enough positive support to investigate further.

Thanks all. Any ideas are welcome.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:46 PM   #15

Nick,

Thanks so much for even consideringdoing something like that for the members of this forum. I would be very interested in contributing to a stock photo site in the future. I say future because I've had my FZ20 less than a month and right now, I'm not worthy :-). I'm reluctant to even post phots here at times. I think a stock photo site would really boost the accessibility of some of these guy's outstanding photos. From birds to macros, you all never cease to amaze me withyour work. You are a valuable contributor to this forum as wellNick,and I appreciate it.

Cheers M8t!

Jed
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:58 PM   #16

Nick,

This is a really cool idea, what a kick it would be to sell even one photo.

It seems like keeping the IP straight on this could be a bit of a challenge. The photographer retains his rights up to the point of sale, but after that I'm not sure what exactly happens. If I recall correctly it seems like it's a right to use type of agreement between the photographer and the purchaser. But true "ownership" remains with the photographer indefinitely. Copyright law probably comes into play.

Paypal accounts may be a good way to transfer the "cola" money to the proper individual. I would think the if you are doing all the work and coordination it would also be appropriate for you to have a percentage.

Let's see 3% of $.50, you will be retiring in no time. :lol:

The new jp2 format may be a good standard to consider to maintain as much detail as possible in the file, then a small standard jpg thumbnail could be used for online browsing of the catalog.

So many question, so little that I know. :sad: But that's alright, could take me years to get an image worthy of consideration.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 11:31 PM   #17

Great idea Nick, I'm with you

Some questions:
1. In your opinion, we create our own website (domain name, host...) or
2. Register in some popular galleries as Boyz say pbase.com
3. Ourstock photography isonly for Panasonic Lumix FZ' users or for all camera brand
Just curious

Basac,
Basac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 11:36 PM   #18

Nick i would be very interested in this please PM me or something I would like to give it a go.......
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 1:47 AM   #19

Nick, I think the idea is great and will support it in any way I can, oh and even helpwith it forthat matter.... if required.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 2:17 AM   #20

Nick I too would be interested once I master this camera!!! I agree, it is a waste
to have the talent I have seen here on this forum sitting idle on a hard drive! I am
going to start traveling around the US in afew months andmy aim isto improve
on my photography skills. Right now I doubt my shots would be worthy to print on
the back side of toilet paper!!!! :lol:

Pockit

Pockit Foto is offline   Reply With Quote