Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 17, 2005, 6:30 AM   #21

Hey Nick

You have a great Idea rolling here... I write only because you showed some confidence in my pics on another thread... But i would love to see my pics being used somewhere ... in an ad / website / press report/ man what a kick that would be... though i seriously hope im worth it... atleast that is what i need to strive with in my photography

Do keep me posted on the developments

Besties

Dyu

P.S what is the JP2 format???
dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 8:38 AM   #22

dyu_d wrote:
Quote:
... J2P is jpeg2000. It's a lossless update to the jpeg. I'll keep you posted. Right now it's just an thought. I'm glad folks are seeing this in the proper light. Something done for fun... perhaps put on a resume, if you've photographic aspirations. (In other words, don't quit your day job )
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 9:58 AM   #23

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
(In other words, don't quit your day job )
Shucks Nick, my day job is "Having Fun", no waywould Iquit THAT!!!!
It is what I do after darkthat I need to give up!!!But, they say it isa natural
periodic suspension of consciousness during which the powers of the body are
restored so I better not give it up yet!!! :G

Pockit
Pockit Foto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:08 AM   #24

I sure like this idea Nick

Very nice way to have the photos available for commercial means. I've never been into making money with my hobbies, (How many got spoiled by commerce?) but this sounds just cool 8)

GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 5:08 PM   #25

It is a very cool idea, Nick. Even if it wouldn't be a big financial hit, it would be fun anyway. But I believe that it can be a big hit also. The advantage that others don't have is that there are people from all over the world on this forum. It adds to the variety of photos. Let's say you would need a photo of something with snow - there would always be someone who lives in cold area of the world. You could just state what you need on the forum, and certainly someone would have a possibility to get that.

-Antti
Antti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 4:24 AM   #26

Hi Nick

Thanks for the J2P info... can u tell me if i can get the panasonic FZ 20 to support that format.. or is there a conversion in PS to J2P??

Besites

Dyu

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
dyu_d wrote:
Quote:
... J2P is jpeg2000. It's a lossless update to the jpeg. I'll keep you posted. Right now it's just an thought. I'm glad folks are seeing this in the proper light. Something done for fun... perhaps put on a resume, if you've photographic aspirations. (In other words, don't quit your day job )
dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 4:27 AM   #27

Pockit Foto wrote:
Quote:
NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
¬*(In other words, don't quit your day job )
Shucks Nick, my day job is "Having Fun", no way¬*would I¬*quit THAT!!!!¬*
It is what I do after dark¬*that I need to give up!!!
Talk about a provocative reply! Now that's how to pique one's interest. I won't ask.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:44 PM   #28

Nick,
I researched "stock" many years ago when I was doing wedding photography on the side. Stock customers want thousands of photos available from their sources, usually in a reasonably narrow subject matter. Stock photo subjects can be EXTREMELY common, just about to the point of being ( so boring you cry).
I think you have a very reasonable idea and I certainly am NOT trying to be negative in any way. There is a lot of nature subjects here that could be a good start.
There are publications that you can subscribe to that show list of subjects companies are looking for, Havn't a clue what they were but they weren't very costly (at that time). A decade ago a company called "Comstock" had a tv show on cable showing their photogs shooting stock, providing insight into the photog's and the company's methodology. They had a web sight, havn't tried to look for it.
snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 7:05 PM   #29

Here is a link for jpeg 2000 PS plug-in.
http://www.leadtools.com/survey/cmppsplugn.asp
Irfanview handles it too, plus it's free.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2005, 10:39 PM   #30

snook wrote:
Quote:
Nick,
I researched "stock" many years ago when I was doing wedding photography on the side. Stock customers want thousands of photos available from their sources, usually in a reasonably narrow subject matter. Stock photo subjects can be EXTREMELY common, just about to the point of being ( so boring you cry).
I think you have a very reasonable idea and I certainly am NOT trying to be negative in any way. There is a lot of nature subjects here that could be a good start.
There are publications that you can subscribe to that show list of subjects companies are looking for, Havn't a clue what they were but they weren't very costly (at that time). A decade ago a company called "Comstock" had a tv show on cable showing their photogs shooting stock, providing insight into the photog's and the company's methodology. They had a web sight, havn't tried to look for it.
Thank you VERY much for the feedback. What you describe is in line with what I'm seeing...