Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:38 AM   #1

The Leica guys in the M3 days used TRIX a lot and they also exploited a trick that produced stunning sharp pics on 400 asa grainy film they used contrasty light ... from the side if possible ... this heightens the sharpness ... now this is B&W no romantic color like we have today ... some of those M3 shots are classic's

A shot I took today exploits that idea nothing special just side lighted aged timber fence boards.
.................................................. .................................................. ........................................
When I used a film SLR I always used a PRO trick to grip the lens barrel with the Left hand wrapped around the lens and gripped the body with the right hand ...... see pics.

The FZ1 needs the lens hood to give extra grip .. press firmly against your eye the EVF and you have stability this way, even with OIS its still a gain this grip method you can go way low in the shutter speed.

Holding your breath and press the shutter gently and hold it down while the scene is taken will enhance stability.
Attached Images

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:41 AM   #2

vertical
Attached Images

Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:42 AM   #3

horizontal
Attached Images

Old Jan 17, 2005, 1:17 AM   #4

Thanks for the tips Boyzo! I'm always interested in techniques for improving handheld stability. The pictures really do a good job of highlighting what you were explaining about the grip.
petersky is offline   Reply With Quote