Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 18, 2005, 1:06 PM   #1

I have spent the last 45 minutes reading posts and have noticed a certain attitude forming in this forum.I have become somewhat disappointed in the rudeness shown to new members as well as each other.

The opinions,questions, and answersoffered in this forum are for the benefit of everyone. There is certainlyno onememberwho knows everything about the Panasonic cameras or how they were designed. What is very distressing is that a certain benchmark is being set to be a member here. You must do this, or post like that, tell people what their pictures are really like.

Let's be a realist for a moment.If anyone has been selling their pictures to magazines, newspapers, tabloids, etc. that is great. But I bet that most of us, including me,are justamateurs. We know just enough to make us dangerous and we enjoy posting our opinions in this forum.

Our opinions are not always right. I have yet to use any adapter on my camera except thesupplied FZ10 hood and a 72 mm UV Filter. I have taken over 2000 photos and have never hadlens flare. And, if you use the Panasonic teleconversion lens, the back lens cover also fits the back of the supplied lens hood. Probably designed that way by Panasonic engineers who do know most everything about Panasonic cameras.

And speaking of Panasonic, where is Panasonic Bob? Do you think he got feed up with the attitudes that have developed on this forum. Most new members don't know him, but we had a Panasonic rep here to help us with problems. I have not seen him post in a long time and miss his expertise.

The one thing to remember is thatyou are a guest here. You are not better thansomeone else just because you have been here longer or know more.

Just my 2 cents.....well, maybe a quarters worth.

Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2005, 4:47 PM   #2

have you checked out my 23 moon shoots?..if not you are missing out
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 8:37 AM   #3

I haven't seen your moon shoots. What aperature do you use when you are shooting in the dark?
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:21 AM   #4

aperture?....mhhhhh if this was a real question i would answer by saying....well your camera has only like 5 to 6 different aperture settings and digital film is free on your SD card...how about take a pic from each aperture and compare it yourself and then share the best settings with everybody instead of asking somebody else. Its not like 300 different aperture settings.

Last time I took pictures of the moon I took around 40 to 50 shoots with different setting.....spot mode on and off, with different aperture and ISO and took another 40 to 50 minutes comparing them.

Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:26 AM   #5

two more cents.

thank you

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=11530627
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:57 PM   #6

Rookie here's the moon shots. Enjoy:arrow:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote