Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:54 AM   #11

This is using the PL
Attached Images

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 9:59 AM   #12

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys I actually use the Raynox PLP-P20 except that I bought my whole setup from Ebay and my polarizer is a linear polarizer, as opposed to a circular polarizer which is what is offered at the website link you provided. So do a search on Ebay for the Raynox PLP-P20, the adaptor, the UV lens, the PL and the lens cap and pouch and shipping...all of it cost me $49.99. The adaptor and the lens are really good, all metal, good threads and very slim. The adaptor allows the lens to be mounted pretty close to the camera lens. Here is an example of me using the PL. hope you like it ( i posted this one other place so i hope i don't annoy anyone buy repeating it here...just thought i would help someone)

seth

this is without the PL

Thanks for the post. Could it be possible that you post a picture of how it looks on the camera itself?

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 1:17 PM   #13

pixie0fd00m wrote:
Quote:
uh i dont know ? im a complete noob and dont see anything about that on the site. i may be blind
No, I don't think you're blind.. The question was actually directed at someone who has tried the adapter in question. There's much discussion in the filters thread about the Phayhee adapter and I was wondering if the one you had pointed to was basically the same. Both seem to have their own following here, just like different versions of the camera has it's following..

Welcome, Hope you enjoy the camera as much as I have in the past week..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:29 PM   #14
scb

The only problem with the bundle is that you really don't know who the manufacturer is of the filters. I went with the Phayee adapter with a Hoya pro multicoat UV filter. It fits nice, but I haven't been able to see what it can really do because of our winter weather in western NY. I do like how close the filter is to the lens...and am glad to spend a few bucks protecting a $500 dollar camera. Afterwards, I picked up a Colkin circular polarizer filter at a great price on ebay...works fine. May have a photo to post later.

Bottom line...if you are going to leave a filter on for lens protection, I would want to know that I have a good one, and coated to prevent lens flare and reflection.
scb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:30 PM   #15

Hey Viznquest...i don't have a picture of how it looks on the camera but here is a link to the item on Ebay that will give you an idea of what the item looks like. Also if you scroll to the bottom of the screen you will see the adaptor and UV filter on the camera itself. Hope this helps

seth http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:38 PM   #16

scb wrote:
Quote:
The only problem with the bundle is that you really don't know who the manufacturer is of the filters. I went with the Phayee adapter with a Hoya pro multicoat UV filter. It fits nice, but I haven't been able to see what it can really do because of our winter weather in western NY. I do like how close the filter is to the lens...and am glad to spend a few bucks protecting a $500 dollar camera. Afterwards, I picked up a Colkin circular polarizer filter at a great price on ebay...works fine. May have a photo to post later.

Bottom line...if you are going to leave a filter on for lens protection, I would want to know that I have a good one, and coated to prevent lens flare and reflection.

Hey SCB...the manufacture of this entire buncle is Raynox (including the adaptor, UV lens and PL)...here is a link to their home page..*****oll down towards the bottom and you should see the link for the Raynox PLP-P20 kit for the Panasonic cameras

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/fz10/index.htm

seth
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:41 AM   #17

pixie0fd00m wrote:
Quote:
im a complete noob to photography and i recently recieved the FZ-20 for my birthday.. i saw some pictures on deviantart that used polarizer filters and i was wondering if this kit i found (link below) is a good deal and if its a good filter... will i need to purchase anything else other than this if i choose to buy it? also does it act as a UV filter also? or can you recommend a good UV filter and Polarizer? sorry to be such a noob.. this looks like a awesome forum

http://www.bugeyedigital.com/product...ay-plpp20.html
It is an ok deal for multicoated filters but the question is do you need them. You can buy dual side coated Hoya series B for $30.00 and they will work as good as the multicoated ones, because this camera requires a hood and the hood is going to eliminate lens flares not reduce them. No filter can eliminate them.

You can see my filters in action at http://lovelife.smugmug.com/

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:45 AM   #18

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys I actually use the Raynox PLP-P20 except that I bought my whole setup from Ebay and my polarizer is a linear polarizer, as opposed to a circular polarizer which is what is offered at the website link you provided. So do a search on Ebay for the Raynox PLP-P20, the adaptor, the UV lens, the PL and the lens cap and pouch and shipping...all of it cost me $49.99. The adaptor and the lens are really good, all metal, good threads and very slim. The adaptor allows the lens to be mounted pretty close to the camera lens. Here is an example of me using the PL. hope you like it ( i posted this one other place so i hope i don't annoy anyone buy repeating it here...just thought i would help someone)

seth

this is without the PL
There is nothing in the picture that warrents a LP. Are you using a lens hood? The camera requires it.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:25 AM   #19

Hey playlong...i am a bit confused about your statement. What do you mean by "the picture does not warrant a linear polarizer".

About lens hood...i was not using one for the pictures i took. The picture was purely a test of the effectiveness of the LP, i did not consider anything else...no composition, no rules...I basically took two shots about 10 seconds apart, one with a LP and one without. Nothing else was changed between the two pictures. Thats what i posted. Hope this helps

seth
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:11 AM   #20

Hi seth

Thanks for posting those pics, they made me realize the importance of polarizing filters and I've since ordered one after doing some more research.

I get that you posted those pics purely to demonstrate the effect of the filter. Don't worry about the comments of the other guy, I don't think anyone takes him too seriously on this or any other forum.

Thanks again.
Jaynah is offline   Reply With Quote