Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 20, 2005, 2:12 AM   #41

I just made love to my FZ manual and it was great. I recommend every newbie to experience this once a week, just don't get the manual pregnant, we dont' want little manuals running around.

have you guys checked out my 23 moon shots...just incredible....

newbie:Pmanual

just kidding....did I mention it was 85 today in San diego.

Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 2:39 AM   #42

Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
just kidding....did I mention it was 85 today in San diego.
I can imagine. I was there (San Diego) last night and it was very nice along the waterfront, indeed. Like a summer night. A rare instance Ididn't have my camera, though! Agh!!!
KarlJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 5:30 AM   #43
DC3

I'm a new Steve's forum member, unfortunately more like reader because my level of English language is enough only for reading not for serious conversation. Let me say one thing which I remember my first teacher use to say: there are no stupid questions. Only answer can be stupid
DC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 8:08 AM   #44

I'm going to throw this comment I read in here too, I'm sure many will give some very deep thought, just as i did when I read it. In a round-about way this applies here.

Some people understand life better. And they call some of these people "retarded"...At the Seattle Special Olympics, nine contestants, all physically or mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash. At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to run the race to the finish and win.All, that is, except one little boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times, and began to cry. The other eight heard the boy cry.They slowed down and looked back. Then they all turned around and went back...... every one of them.One girl with Downs Syndrome bent down and kissed him and said, "This will make it better." Then all nine linked arms and walked together to the finish line. Everyone in the stadium stood, the cheering went on for several minutes.People who were there are still telling the story. Why? Because deep down we know this one thing: What matters in this life is more than winning for ourselves. What matters in this life is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing our course. we may be able to change our hearts as well as someone else's. "A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Hazzabone
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 10:27 AM   #45

Beautiful, hazzarbone.

Thanks for sharing :-)

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 10:45 AM   #46

hazzarbone "And they call some of these people "retarded""

I totally agree with hazzarbone and notice some retarded people here too.

:? sorry I just had to take advantage of that one...
and I am totally kidding,
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:51 AM   #47

Rezajune wrote: "I totally agree with hazzarbone and notice some retarded people here too."
"sorry I just had to take advantage of that one..."
Noyou didn't.
"and I am totally kidding,"
Maybe so, but IMO it wasn't necessary, and was uncalled for.

Everyone should be treated with some dignity and respect. If something bugs you, and you want to respond, do it with civility, or politely pass over it and move on to another post that sparks your interest in which you feel you can have a "positive" impact on. You can more easily and quickjly "let it go" than the energy spent to reply, however terse it may be.

I rarely post, though I have often had replies to posts all typed but cancelled out. Someone else beat me to answering a question or if it was a comment that might have 'yanked my chain' a little, gave my response some pre-post thought and decided it would not provide anything positive. I encounter enough frustration elsewhere during my normal day.

I hope most of us who wish to respond here have done so. I think enough bandwith and time has been spent on this subject (this post of mine included) and the sooner it fades into cyberspace the quicker we can all get back to the hobby we all enjoy. - MHO

m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 12:13 PM   #48

Well now I was not even going to respond to any of this but here I am typing my one cents worth!

I for one was tickled to death to find a forum of people who were using the same camera I had just bought. At first, I was just going to read all that I could until I learned. Then...... the temptation to post something came after my first half way decentattempt of shooting a buzzard came along. Every thing seemed to be going well. I didn't want to just be posting pictures and sitting and waiting for others to tell me how bad or great they thought the picture was and found myself wantingto leave a kind word to the others whopost pictures herealso. You know, the words like "That looks great" "Beautiful shot" sort of comments! Then I come on here one day only to find that someonewas actuallyleaving the forum because they were apparently disgruntled because of the simple remarks leftlike " That looks great", "Great shot!"

Hmmm, I pondered over that for a couple of days and I had to wonder what this person expected from someone like me, who was not educated enough in the art of photography yetto say anything else except how much I enjoyed seeing the picture they had posted here! I couldn't say what shutter speed would have done a better job!!!!

My first thought was, newbies are welcome here but keep your silly "That looks Great" comments to yourself because they are not needed nor wanted here. I also thought I had fell into an "Advanced" photography forum by mistake, but ruled that out when I could not find that notice writtenanywhere here.

So what are my thoughts now???? Crybaby, crybaby, crybaby! Yep thats what I smell here. You see, when some "fancy pancy know it all photographer" takes what "He" thinks is a "Super Duper Magnificent" shot and post it here on this forum and sits and waits and waitsfor his usual "Pat on the Butt" oops excuse me, slip of the keys there , meant to say "Pat on the Head" from his peers andnothing happens, he starts looking around and shazaam!!!!!!!!!

There it is, the PROBLEM!!! They are all busy answering dumb questionsposted byNEWBIES!!! The nerve of them, don't they know that "I" need their attention!!!!!!!!!! I will just tell them what I think!!! Yeah, I will just start screaming and crying, it's not fair that I sit here and watch my wonderful work dropoff the first page and now down on the third page of this forum allbecause of the dumb questions asked by those newbies!!! NO ONE even saw that I had posted somethingWORTHY of their attention!!!

Has anyone of you felt a sting yet??? :blah: Are you breathing fire right now??? Crybaby, crybaby you know who you are and so do I!!! Now jump right on in here and slam me so the others will know who you are also!!!! I love this forum!!! Ohhh Me, you little children need to GROW UP or have your diaper changed or something! Dumb questions are not the problem here!!!! I just love inmature adults when they start crying!!!! Your so easy to spot!!! :?

Hmmmm, I feel better now that's alloff my chest! We were supposed to say what we thought, weren't we??? This is an open forum where we can share our thoughts, right? Anyone want to critique the picture below for me?

(Oh Me, I know this is going to make methe mostpopular personhere on this forum! :G)

Pockit

Pockit Foto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 1:01 PM   #49

critique:
- skin tones are off, try bounce flash or manually set WB.
- all 'whites' are overexposed, try adjusting EV.
- rule of third "never put subject in the center of the frame (ie left ear).
- subject not looking at you. in fact you can't his eyes at all, making for a contrived pose.
None of the above may be correct at all, because I am still a newbie, just trying to learn. If I missed anything, I'm sure some more learned will fill it all in.
(You see, I do have a sense of humor!)
m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 1:58 PM   #50

Pocket,

I find your picture a little cartoonish and immature-exacatly what you were aiming at I'm sure. By the way a little bit more than 1 cent worth:G

I haven't posted lately or will I dare to post a picture-not becauseI am afraid of Constructive criticism but just obnoxious comment. We have all read them:sad:.

So lighten up:idea:. If you deam it necessary to post then pretend it was your mother or a child in your class that asked the question. Not someone that you will probably never meet and say anything you want to because you are in cyberspace and feel safe in being cruel.:evil:

Happy :|and Civilized Posting,

norma

maybe we could all learn something from the "retarded". .Caring about and treating people correctly and letting that be the goal in life ,not winning a race.

chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote