Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:58 PM   #71

chopper123 wrote:
Quote:
Pockit I hope you didn't perceive my comments incorrectly.* !
... ahhh, ya wimp. My money's on Pockit. She pins you in the oil pit (no mud - let's have some class, here) in under three minutes... 1-2-3!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:58 PM   #72

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
chopper123 wrote:
Quote:
Pockit I hope you didn't perceive my comments incorrectly. !
... ahhh, ya wimp. My money's on Pockit. She pins you in the oil pit (no mud - let's have some class, here) in under three minutes... 1-2-3!
Oh sure Nick,throw me intheoil pit with oldNikon Norma when I am not here to protect myself!!!! :blah:

Norma, I had no problem with your comment whatsoever. I knew exactly what you were saying!

I was sure this thread had died and got moldy while I was away!!! :O

Pockit

Pockit Foto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:13 PM   #73

I just have to add my two cents to this thread because I am a newbie who found this forum about 3 weeks ago. Since then I have asked the typical "What camera should I buy" questions; the "where should I buy it questions"; the "what assessories do I need" questions and "What is this green blob in my photo" question. They were all answered by a lot of patient and knowledgeable people who I don't know and don't know me; yet they treated me with respect. This forum has been beyond what I could have hoped for for someone who's questions increase with the more I know.

I did recently read some reply's to some posts that were harsh in tone and may have offended those who may be more sensitive to criticism. However I learned from those also because I would never have thought of using the search engine to find questions that have already been posted and answered.

I bought a FZ 3two weeks ago and this forum gives me the confidence that I need that this camera will do all that I want it to do if I just learn to be patient, askor search for questions and answersandbe a better technician (photographer). It sure beats wondering if I made a mistake in purchasing a camera that won't produce photo's that meet my expectations.

Thank you for reading my rant and especially those that have helped me. Maybe if I keep learning I can help someone else out along the way.

Greyguy
greyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:05 AM   #74

Pockit my -sista-old anything but old-please not OLD-no no not that and don't call me ma'am either:blah:.

Now Nick he's old and is just trying to stir up the pot-not an oil pot either.:P.

Have a good night, you too NickT

Happy:|,

norma

chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 5:56 AM   #75

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:47 PM   #76

Jake D wrote:
Quote:
Every forum (I mean every, not just camera) has a cycle of newbies who become oldies who get sick of all the newbies and stop frequenting, then the new newbies become oldies and get sick of the new newbies....

...You could start a special club. Rule 1. you never talk about the camera club Rule 2. you NEVER TALK about the camera club Rule 3. if it's your first night at the camera club you must take a picture Rule 4. if someone says stop taking their picture you must stop Rule 5. no shoes no shirts (this isn't a problem for some people who shoot in the nude on a regular basis)
Hi Jake D,

Your "cycle" theory has been proven on every forum that I've ever gotten involved with! :G Thank goodness for all of the newbies here who started out asking the same questions, and who've become oldies who don't mind helping the new newbies, and who have been so generous with their time, experience, wisdom, knowledge, and, above all, patience and tolerance! All of us newbies thank you, from the bottoms of our hearts!

And who wudda thunk that the movie, "Fight Club", could hold such great relevance in our digital photography endeavors??? :lol:

Geoff
sukispop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:15 AM   #77

I agree with Jake D and sukispop. This forum is for everyone no matter what question is asked.I prescribe to the philosophy that the only bad question is the one that is never asked.

This is a good forum with outstanding members and there is not a better forum on the FZ's anywhere else that I can find. I am glad to be a member of it.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote