Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   Extremely positive RANT about Newbies that .... (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica/43833-extremely-positive-rant-about-newbies.html)

Goldstar Jan 19, 2005 3:29 AM

"God helps those who help themselves" Rezajune writes ... how about those who cannot help themselves ... DUH ... I think that statement isso stupid ...who ever made that up was probably living for themselves ... So I guess all those in other non-western countries are damned because they cannot help themselves ... sounds pretty western to me ... Oh human trafikking for sex industry ...oh they can't help themseves so I guess God will not help them ... the woman who has the abortion because they cannot help themselves to make right choices ... I guess God won't help them.

How about someone who has lost everything in life and are not able to help themselves at that stage of life! Tsunami victims, tourists, etc.

Sorry for the RANT but it bugs me when people set themselves up as self righteous saying to everybody ... If I did it you can too!

In regards to newbies ... same thing ... but I agree on one thing ... give a person a fish feed them for one day ...they'll be back and on the same level as before BUT teach that person how to fish AND give them the tools in order to do it ...you will never see that person again ...and hopefully they will be multiplying themselves.

Some people need motivation, encouraging words, when it comes to any new found hobby ...lets be that kind of person here in the forums.

We let the frums get down graded ...when WE let the forums get downgraded. Come on y'all

JohnJ Jan 19, 2005 11:44 AM

Very well put! I couldn't agree with you more!

NickTrop Jan 19, 2005 3:47 PM

...my take is you don't have to post a reply to any question.

Goldstar Jan 19, 2005 5:44 PM

yeah thats good because if you do then you spend tooooooo much time on the forums!!!

Toooo much of anything is not good ...

wiseman Jan 19, 2005 6:13 PM

Should let this one just slide, but wow, what a stretch. Sex slaves is to FZ20 newbies as hmmmm nothing. Those darn Westerners (Americans) always enslaving folks and never helping anyone.

Let's relax on the bombast.

nooner Jan 19, 2005 6:17 PM

I think goldstar is actually someone we know and is jerking a few chains......................:shock:

Goldstar Jan 19, 2005 6:29 PM

I guess I went to far ... sorry!

Just made some great macro shots ... sun was smokin today and I got some real closeups of an nsectum ...

nooner Jan 19, 2005 6:55 PM

It's cool...........Check out these moon shots:arrow:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...19&forum_id=23

bobc Jan 19, 2005 8:41 PM

Goldstar wrote:
Quote:

"God helps those who help themselves" Rezajune writes ... how about those who cannot help themselves ... DUH ... I think that statement isso stupid ...who ever made that up was probably living for themselves ... So I guess all those in other non-western countries are damned because they cannot help themselves ... sounds pretty western to me ... Oh human trafikking for sex industry ...oh they can't help themseves so I guess God will not help them ... the woman who has the abortion because they cannot help themselves to make right choices ... I guess God won't help them.

How about someone who has lost everything in life and are not able to help themselves at that stage of life! Tsunami victims, tourists, etc.

Sorry for the RANT but it bugs me when people set themselves up as self righteous saying to everybody ... If I did it you can too!

In regards to newbies ... same thing ... but I agree on one thing ... give a person a fish feed them for one day ...they'll be back and on the same level as before BUT teach that person how to fish AND give them the tools in order to do it ...you will never see that person again ...and hopefully they will be multiplying themselves.

Some people need motivation, encouraging words, when it comes to any new found hobby ...lets be that kind of person here in the forums.

We let the frums get down graded ...when WE let the forums get downgraded. Come on y'all

I hope you are joking!

bobc

Rezajune Jan 20, 2005 3:00 AM

"how about those who cannot help themselves"

I hope you are joking....and I feel sorry for people who can not touch themselves....:-?..sorry...i meant help themselves.

god:mad:you