Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:09 AM   #11

Hey squirl...i hightly doubt Dane Elec having anywhere close to 10mb/s...my card probably has about 2mb/s. Unless you are talking about a faster Dane Elec card that I don't know about, most of their regular stuff writes about about 2 mb/s. The kingston one I bought is supposed to have 10 mb/s...so even in full burst mode there should not be any freezing of the camera.

I bought 2 60X 512's and I will hold onto my reg. 512 for those landscape or Family stuff...but this gives me about 650 photos at max res jpeg...which is perfect for my upcoming trip to spain. I don't know if i will need 650 photos...but atleast now its an option i have available.

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:47 AM   #12

i'm just going by what it says on the Dane website... 10MB max in read/write mode. could be they're talking about a "high-speed" version, but the page that listed the specs showed just the plain ol' Dane SD card. the one i have doesn't seem all that fast when i tested it in continuous mode - about one shot every 1-1.5 seconds - but even the SanDisk Ultra II 256 i tried for comparison wasn't much faster... and it's rated 65x...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 5:32 PM   #13

Wow...the cards are here already. That was quick...2 days, did i mention that i love Newegg. The cards are totally awesome...my camera keeps shooting without stop...wow. In hi burst mode the camera will still stop after taking 4 shots because thats how it is programmed, but its the camera that freezes not the card. Also the freeze time is less than a second and then you are set to go again. If you set the burst mode to infinity...you keep shooting till you get tired of holding the shutter button down...lol...the camera keeps going, the card keep storing...wow such perfect synchrony...this is how it was supposed to be. Also transferring photos from my camera to my computer...its almost 4 times as fast as my regular Dane Elec 512MB card. All in all....i am very happy with this purchase.

A couple of negatives...well actually more like words of caution to pepole who might be hyper critical. I do not see a write protect switch on this like most SD Cards. But i have enough cards and I believe in labeling things well, so i don't mind not having the Write protect switch. The card is very slim...the same size as other sd cards but slimmer...Most SD cards are 2mm in thickness i think, this one is closer to 1mm. It doesn't pose a problem in any way...but I just wanted you guys to know. My FZ20 works fine, there aren't any problems with this card and my camera at all.

Seth
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:55 AM   #14

what kind of shot-to-shot speed do you get in continuous mode? if it's a couple of frames a second, i may have to spring for one of those myself, although if it's rated at 60x, it should be about the same as my SanDisk Ultra II...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 1:44 AM   #15

Hello Squirl...in the infinity setting for the burst mode for the FZ20, the camera takes 2 shots per second. Using this 66X card...i shot 54 pictures continuously, non stop, no camera freeze, no hesistation of any kind...the only reason i finally stoped was because i was satisfied with the write speed and knew that i could have continued as long as I wanted to

seth
Old Jan 22, 2005, 1:51 AM   #16

I've been seeing that kind of speed with the Kingmax. Good deal for a fast card.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:12 AM   #17

I ordered both a 256mb Kingmax, then a few days later a 512mb one. Each got here 48 hrs after placing the order with newegg.com I have loved those guys for years! The cards appear to be pretty fast in my FX7....
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:26 PM   #18

First Post but have been lurking!! What make cards are you guys speaking of on this thread? Thanks
boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:17 PM   #19

Kingmax is the brand.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 8:54 AM   #20

I just cancelled my Panasonic hispeed 256 card for $45, and ordered two Kingmax 256 hispeed cards for $52 shipped based on what I've read here. I'll let you know how they run in the FZ-20. Good I hope!
herk56 is offline   Reply With Quote