Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 20, 2005, 2:24 PM   #21

hey, thanks. see, ever coins can be appealing. post your jewelry photos if you would. and I'm going to try mine again. still trying to post photos....
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 1:38 AM   #22

Here a few more jewerly attempts. I wouldn't call them sparkling, but keep in mind that they were all handheld and imprompu experiments...

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Attached Images

FZFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 1:39 AM   #23

I couldn't resist using green gels in the flash for the Green Lantern ring..
Attached Images

Old Jan 21, 2005, 1:48 AM   #24

This ring is my most expensive single prop for when I was in a Live Action Role Playing game (LARP). I was playing someone who saw himself as a rather virile King Maker. This ring set me back $200. The matching medallion I wore along with it was roughly 160 by the time I had it the way I wanted it. The purple crushed velvet shirt I wore was about $60. And I had a total of about 7 other really gaudy rings layering my other fingers that averaged about $20 each. I also wore an Oleg Cassini watch, and a pair of shades. My character also always carried a briefcase ($50).

FZFUN
Attached Images

Old Jan 21, 2005, 1:52 AM   #25

This is a co-worker's ring. I was training her on a product at the time, and calls were not coming in.I was really bored and decided to take this shot...

Attached Images

Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:13 AM   #26

Lillian should have said "NO" to that ring. ok, I'm trying agian today. I have very good light in my studio. Or am I better with natural light? I'm using burgundy velvetbackround -is another color better? white? a piece of slate? I followed the directions to post, to save from my picts to clipboard but I'm getting the RED X. I downsized the image. Help...blonder by the minute!
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:18 AM   #27

Nooner...I'm Joe! My dad wanted a boy. Blonde, blue and female is what they got, but they like me anyway! as for the post, i downsized to 640 pixels, saved from my pics to clipboard, opened the reply, CRTL V to add attchment and got the RED X. I'm trying a new shot as we speak....thanks for your patience.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:27 AM   #28

ah, a solution would be ideal. just shot a necklace, let me try the post again. joe
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:38 AM   #29

no macro filter, no flash - only FZ20

Nar
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:41 AM   #30

PS

if you aim to take good pics of 2-3mm (diam.) jems you actually need a filter (see the threads for Nikon 6T and others which can be attached to FZ20) and you also would with any other compact cam and with standard lenses DLR.

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote