Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:09 PM   #1

Hi guys, I deal mainly in the computer world and have just recently jumped semi-seriously back into photography. I use newegg a LOT in my line and I have seen with the popularity of the Kingmax SD cards, that a lot of you shop for your memory at newegg. Since they carry a scant few models of panasonic camera models, I emailed them and recommended that they carry the FZ line. I got a reply back from them today:

Quote:
Your request for listing the Panasonic digital camera's was looked over, and our purchasing department has informed me that an order was made, but we do not currently have an estimated date of delivery for that product. (Aprox. 5 - 8 days before we'd receive the shipment.)
Thank you for your suggestion, please look for that item to appear shortly on our website.
Obviously, they probably won't have the selection of accessories and lenses, etc like at some of the better online photo stores but newegg does a good job offering products at a really good cost and this, to me, is good news. There was no confirmation as to which specific models but I mentioned the FZ3/15/20 in my initial email.
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:43 PM   #2

Thanks for the info. I've built several computers from components from newegg.com and like you, hold them in high regard. I sure wish they'd have carried the FZ's when I bought mine!

JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 3:59 PM   #3

that's basically how this came about, I've been in the market doing some seriously obsessive comparison shopping for an FZ10/15/20 and when I saw that they carried them but only two , fairly unpopular models, I wrote them an email suggesting they start stocking them.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 5:17 PM   #4

Was their ordering of the products because you emailed them, or do you think they had already ordered them before.

Because that is quite impressive that tehy would order a new product from just one email. But Newegg.com is one impressive company (I love them), so even then I wouldn't be too surprised.

OT: You got to love their customer service, their RMA policy is unbeatable, their selection is wide, and their prices are awesome.
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 8:50 PM   #5

I get the impression that they had already put in the order for them. Unless my email wasn't the only one. I seriously doubt they ordered them on my account. Regardless, I like that they are going to carry them.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 7:31 PM   #6

I emailed them about 3 weeks ago about the exact same thing. I suggested they might want to carry some of the best cameras in the market. But I was never lucky enough to get a response...:sad: However, I am glad that we have got them clued in now.
CHUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 9:44 PM   #7

I got my FZ1 from them when they first came out. I looked and see they no longer carry any FZ models.

Hmmm.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote