Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 20, 2005, 4:26 PM   #1

Rajajune and other key contributors

I saw you have Screen-Shade around the LCD of FZ20. I am trying to buy one but found out that the size of the screen glass is somewhere between Screen-Shade 175 (1.74" diag size) and 200 (2.00 diag size).

What size should I buy and is this product really working?

Thanks for your answer

Yoon
leeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2005, 11:12 PM   #2

I personally think you have not to worry about that. I own a Pocket PC and a took one LCD protector from it (Belkin), and cut it at the rigth size. It worked well and it's very cheap!!
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:27 AM   #3

msantos,

Thanks.. that another good idea! I should probably do that for screen protection. Thanks!...not what I was asking for but got another good idea

My original question was in regards to screen shade product, a below that blocks lights so you can see you LCD in bright sun light.

Here's the link to the product www*****een-shade.com

Looks like it is a neat product to have... like the old camera with belows
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:33 AM   #4

Did you work with thier screen shade sizing guide (a pdf file showing the outlines)? That should tell you exactly which one you need.

Jeff
:-)
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:39 AM   #5

You need the 200.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 1:49 PM   #6

Leeyx! I would do as Jsiladi suggests and print out the Screen Shade Sizing Guide. I printed it out and measured my Fz20 and I would suggest the SS225. The inside (white area) is almost theexact size of the lcd screen. You will have to trim the outside of the velcro to about 1/8". It may be a little tricky but I think it will work. This is what I would do if I were getting one but I like to use the evf with rubber eye cup. Good luck and let us know how you do with it.
Jer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:05 PM   #7

The 225 is way too big. You would run into all kinds of clearance problems. Take a look at the PDF.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:47 PM   #8

I think you need the 225 but I have a similar contraption from hoodman and find it useless. It measured 2" on the diagonal and was too small.

Just my opinion, but you would do better to get an eyecup and use the EVF.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:02 PM   #9

Your right Nooner! I was measuring the very outside of the lcd screennot the actual viewing are with the camera turned on. However part of the velcro will have to be on part of the screen surface that is blacked out when turned on right. I was thinking of attaching it only to the surface surrounding the lcd. But like I said you would have to trim the velcro to about 1/8." Maybe that wouldn't be enough surface area to hold the shade. Sorry, I'm glad you pointed that out for Leeyx sake. BTW I enjoy your posts and pics...Jer99
Jer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:05 AM   #10

Thanks for your reply. What I hear from you is that the shade is not very effective. Where can I find the cup for the EVF then?