Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:22 AM   #1

My Raynox Macro explorer set came the other day. Had a few minutes and some fresh flowers in the house so I gave it a quick try. Wow, this is going to be a lot of fun.

Thanks to everyone, especially Fred for pointing me at this macro set. Now I just need to learn how to get the most out of it. Practice, practice and more practice!

-Brett

Here is #1
Attached Images

bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:22 AM   #2

And #2

Tips and tricks always welcome.

Attached Images

Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:33 AM   #3

Congratulations, Brett. You got it. And you GOT IT! Nice clear focus and great color. Try experimenting with higher f stops to increase the depth of field.

Quote:
Wow, this is going to be a lot of fun.
You got that right. Enjoy.

- Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 5:49 PM   #4

Great Photo's. I have a new FZ 3 and would like to know where you purchased the Raynox explorer set and how much did it cost? If you ordered on-line; could you post a link.

Thanks

Greyguy
greyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:51 PM   #5

$80 at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...&sku=96092 The set consists of the raynox dcr150 +4 dioptermacro lens, the dcr250 +8 diopter macro lens, and aspring-loaded clip-on adapter that fits any diameter from 52mm to 67mm. The rear thread on each lens is 43mm and front threads of 49mm. If you get a 49-43mm step ring you canstack the two lens for a total of +12 diopter.They are3 opticalelement lens and do a great job as demonstrated in Brett's pics.

The boxelderbug avatar to the left is a cropof a shot taken with the fz1 and dcr250 stacked with an olypus b-macro +3 lens (total of +11) from about 4" away. Mucho fun guaranteed!
Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:00 PM   #6

Greyguy,

It's just as Fred put it. I got the very set he just mentioned at B&H based in a large part on his recommendation. I've only had ita short time but I'm very happy with it. Give it a go, it sure seems like you can do a lot with this set as Fred mentioned.

Fred,

Thanks for the kind words, I do plan on working the f-stop to improve dof. Thanks again.

-Brett
Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:18 PM   #7

Your quite welcome, Brett. Sorry to steal your thunder in describing the set-up but I continue to marvel at the quality and size of these very affordable macro lens. I think your going to find that that first shot will be a favorite for years to come. One reason being it's an excellent shot and the other being it was one of thefirst.

Fred
Old Jan 22, 2005, 10:00 PM   #8

Tried the water dropping from faucet trick today. I have to give credit to those who have mastered this. It'll take some more work. Did this shot at f2.8and focus is not as sharp as I'd like. Maybe at about f4 it would be better? :?

Still, fun to give it a try!

-Brett

Attached Images

Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:33 AM   #9

the first to photos convinced me ! I ordered the dcr-250

Thx for sharing
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote