Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 23, 2005, 2:38 AM   #11

I was just over at my favoritest muscians website, http://www.pattravers.com, and there were some fantabulous concert picsjustpostedthere from a show this past Friday. I don`t know if they on the pics page yet, but there is a link on the bulletin board. Go to the opening page, click on posts, and then look for "PRS Show". Ed, the keeper of the PT website, took the pics with his new Nikon D70 DSLR. I did just e-mail Ed, whom I`ve known for awhile, and asked him about camera settings. I hope he`ll reply with the setttigs.

:homey:
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 2:46 AM   #12

Sokay, I just checked, andthere is a link to the PRS show at the PT site on the opening page. I`m sure Ed will reply with camera settings in an e-mail to me.
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:23 AM   #13

dyu_d wrote:
Quote:
Hi

Anyone here tried taking concert shots with an FZ 20??? if you have please can u give me some advice as to what is the ideal ISO and mode to shoot in... I read somewhere that the ideal mode would be Shutter priority or aperture priority

I would like it you some of you guys would share yours ideas and thoughts on this...

Besties

Dyu
No concerts but check out my AL pictures of the Big Apple Circus http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/352484

The exif information is there most were were shot 1/80 ISO 400 F2.8, noise removed in PP.

He kid want a candu APple?
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:54 AM   #14

dyu_d wrote:
Quote:
Hi

Anyone here tried taking concert shots with an FZ 20??? if you have please can u give me some advice as to what is the ideal ISO and mode to shoot in... I read somewhere that the ideal mode would be Shutter priority or aperture priority

I would like it you some of you guys would share yours ideas and thoughts on this...

Besties

Dyu
It depends you goal is to have as high a speed as possible. Set you camera to AP and f2.8. Then try ISO 200. If you cannot get to at least 1/80 go to ISO 400. Forget flash. Set you WB to incandescent and hope for the best.Manual WB would be wonderful except the stage colors keep changing so it is a problem. You can try by setting your white balance under subdued incandescent light before the show. Now before you start taking pictures aim at the stage with incandescentthen manualWBsettings, the viewfinder will hold the answer. Now is return please visit my site and leave favorable comments, that is an order http://lovelife.smugmug.com/

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote