Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:41 PM   #81

NickTrop wrote:

I would add avoid doing too many sit-up after eating an extra-large cheese burrito with a side of refried beans from Taco Bell if you're in a crowded gym.

Good point Nick... That could get pretty messy...:G

bobc
[/quote]
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 11:45 PM   #82

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
bobc,

One thing I did not see stressed besides the two most focused on components of "TOTAL FITNESS" is rest.

The three are Exercise, Nutrition and Rest. These are general terms in which each can go into great length and depth.
Quote:
The 4 components of fitness are... Cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and body composition.
Quote:
The other thing one has to consider and you touched on it is "Fallacy of Composition."

No two people are the same or alike. Somatype, Family medical history, current lifestyle and general knowledge of "TOTAL FITNESS" is a start in the right direction.
Quote:
I believe I did mention that everyones frame is different, and one fact that people may not know is... that you can only develop 20% of your cardiorespiratory endurance because the other 80% is heredity (atleast some theory dictates this).
Quote:

Also, no one should ever embark on a program or regimen before getting a complete physical.
Quote:
I did mention to consult a physician... Who intern would probably give a physical, unless already familliar with your medical history (as in my case).
Quote:

Give up the cigarettes and moderate alcohol consumption. These also need to be kept in check.
Quote:
Maybe some day I will give up smoking. And I only drink maybe a couple times a year. When I was in shape I could run 10 miles, and was a heavy smoker. Sure smoking is not good for you. but... It's better to do aerobic activity if you are a smoker.
Quote:

I have a Bachelor of Science in Physical Education with emphasis in Kinesiology, Sports Nutrition and Physiology of Exercise. I only stated a few things in very general terms.

I stress that if you do not complement all three components you will suffer in the long run and get into "burn out." Keep that in mind.
Quote:
Do you have the "components of fitness" confused with another term? There are 4 basic components of fitness which I have listed above.
Quote:

I did the bodybuilding thing naturally and found through research and testing in various contests I entered that supplementation was a waste of money. Probably the only thing that would be essential as an addition to a diet that has a high demand on the body is chelated minerals.
Quote:
I don't recall saying anything about suplementing anything...:?
I do appreciate your input. but... I am not trying to make a science out of this, or make it a full time job. I just want to try toget back into shape.

As far as diet goes... I am not a glutton, and I do eat a wide veriety of foods. but... I also like to eat a cheese steak or a pizza or anything else I may feel like eating at times. I believe that there is nothing wrong with that if I am in good shape. My body will able to take care of it.

And how many people are on this carb thing??? I'ts spreading like a desease. Who the heak ever thought of that one???

Hey... I got an idea... lets take away a whole food group... Yeh... And we'll replace it with things that clog your heart up... Hmmm.... That sounds like a good idea... People will loose a lot of weight... but... they will develope heart disease... But... Oh well... Atleast they will loose weight, and we can make millions off of it...

And what about this special calcium that you can only get by ordering it because it's from this special beach. If you take it every day and let the sun shine in your face for one hour each day... You will never get any kind of desease, and live to be like 150 or something...

How about just having enough minirals in your body, and staying hydrated... Nahhhh... That would make too much sense... Plus... You woul'nt live to be 150.

There are so many people making money from all these hocky pocky diets... It should be against the law.

I'm sorry, but it is a known fact that america has the biggest over weight and heart disease problems of any other country in the world.

Why?

Because we eat way too much, and more importantly... We are out of shape. When I was in the military, the only over weight person I ever saw was the mess sergeant. Wanna know why? Because he never had to do physical training. He had to make sure breakfast was ready, and that made him exempt from the physical training.

Ok... Now that I have vented... I am only going to try to get back in shape. It's not a science. I don't have to stand on one foot during a full moon, take an asprin, drink a gallon of water and a cup of black coffee, drink 2 raw eggs, put it all in a paper bag climb up on the roof swing it over my head and scream like a chicken, or any of that stuff.

All I have to do is... Get a total body workout (both muscular & cario), stay hydrated, eat a wide veriety of foods, and not be a glutton. And I am pretty confident in saying that if anyone just does those basic things... They will be able to maintaint their weight, and be much healthier.

Peace out...

bobc
Old Jan 29, 2005, 1:09 AM   #83

I mentioned one thing rest. The rest was rhetoric or my spin and nothing to do with what you wrote. I mentioned, "Total Fitness" not to be...

Do you have the "components of fitness" confused with another term? There are 4 basic components of fitness which I have listed above.

What I added was not, I stress not to be contrary to what you had written. I just added my thoughts on the subject and did not expect a dissection for debate and ridicule about being confused.

I will not add another comment on this thread and stick to photography which I am still a WIP (work in progress).
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 10:29 AM   #84

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
I mentioned one thing rest. The rest was rhetoric or my spin and nothing to do with what you wrote. I mentioned, "Total Fitness" not to be...

What I added was not, I stress not to be contrary to what you had written. I just added my thoughts on the subject and did not expect a dissection for debate and ridicule about being confused.

I will not add another comment on this thread and stick to photography which I am still a WIP (work in progress).
vIZnquest,

The reason that I thought you where confused was that you wrote...

One thing I did not see stressed besides the two most focused on components of "TOTAL FITNESS" is rest.

The three are Exercise, Nutrition and Rest. These are general terms in which each can go into great length and depth.

When I read this... I thought I was the one that was confused... So I looked it up.

And... I thought your post "was" referring to my post, and was just pointing out the things that I did mention.

You know a lot more than I will ever know about fitness... It's your career.

And when was venting about all the hocky pocky stuff... I was refering to things I see on TV, where you got some clown dressed up like a doctor telling you to take this pill, or use this product to loose weight. These people are doing nothing but making money, and probably doing more harm than good.

I, in no way meant my post as a ridicule about you being confused. My career is in software development, and I get the terminology confused sometimes.

Dude... I appreaciate your input a lot, and I respect your vast knowledge of fitness, and your dedication to being a teacher.

My outlook to Fitness, Diet, and Rest.. Are as follows...

If you are not fit...

You can diet all you want, and all you will be doing is making your body even less capable of controlling your weight... And you will be dieting for the rest of your life, and never... ever... ever... be able to control your weight. You will get to the point where "that one peice of cake will make a noticabledifference", thus... making you a prisoner to a very strict diet forever.

You can rest all you want, and it won't make a bit of difference if you cant even control your weight when you are not resting. In fact... It will probably make you have to diet even more.

If you are fit...

You can eat a wide veriety of foods. This will insure that you are getting the right nutriants, and anything your body does not need... It will have very little trouble getting rid of. You will get to the point where "that peice of cake won't make any difference". In fact... You could probably eat 2 peices, thus... freeing you from being a prisoner to any strict diet.

You can rest all you want, because your body will be working even when you sleep, and you will not have to worry about dieting more.

So...

Which of the 3 is the real key to weight control?... Fitness.

How many people are trapped in the diet prison?... millions.

Again... I go back to my basic fundimentals...

First... Get Fit.

Second... Eat a wide veriety of foods, and don't be a glutton.

Third... Stay hydrated to retain your nutriants.

And yes I did forget an important one... Get enough rest... Your body needs to rebuild.

vIZnquest... Bro...

We can break this down and get all scientific with it, but... You have to admit... If someone got the ok from their doctor, and followed these basic fundimantals... They would feel better... Look better... And not have to worry about a strict diet.

Please correct me if I am wrong in the basics of this. I was only a fitness trainer in the military, which is no where near a degree... Just enough to know how to train others in fitness. But I did have very posative results using these fundamentals.

I would very much like to hear your feedback on this, because I just want to make sure I have the basics correct... And I did not mean to sound like I was ridiculing you in my last post... I did not mean it that way.

Thank you.

bobc
Old Jan 29, 2005, 1:28 PM   #85

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:30 PM   #86

I can make love - ALL night long, then wrestle ANY MAN ALIVE for 60 minutes or longer AND THAT INCLUDES YOU BOBC, and at the end of the match have my arm raised in VICTORY!

I now declare myself, NickTrop, to be the rasslin' champeen of this here forum! You work out on your "Total Gym" (snickers :G ) Bobc. Get all big and puffy, okay? And when you think you're ready, shoot me a PM and we'll rassle for the forum belt in a steele cage yet. But I'll tell you right now, bobc, no matter how big-n-puffy you get, you'll never beat me for the forum belt. Cause at the end of the day, you just ain't man enough to get the job done!

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Tengo todas las chicas!

Nick "Hotbody, the Italian Heart Throb" Trop, Steve's Digicam Panasonic Forum undisputed and undefeated Rasslin' Champeen!

Remember Bobc, to be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:54 PM   #87
RDV

Bobc......I hope you get fit real soon and go back to posting pics. 1234, 1234, your left, your left, your left right left! Now:|
RDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 7:15 PM   #88

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
I can make love - ALL night long, then wrestle ANY MAN ALIVE for 60 minutes or longer AND THAT INCLUDES YOU BOBC, and at the end of the match have my arm raised in VICTORY!

I now declare myself, NickTrop, to be the rasslin' champeen of this here forum! You work out on your "Total Gym" (snickers :G ) Bobc. Get all big and puffy, okay? And when you think you're ready, shoot me a PM and we'll rassle for the forum belt in a steele cage yet. But I'll tell you right now, bobc, no matter how big-n-puffy you get, you'll never beat me for the forum belt. Cause at the end of the day, you just ain't man enough to get the job done!

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Tengo todas las chicas!

Nick "Hotbody, the Italian Heart Throb" Trop, Steve's Digicam Panasonic Forum undisputed and undefeated Rasslin' Champeen!

Remember Bobc, to be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Nick.... Your just jealious caus my breasts are bigger than yours...

And if it was'nt the truth you would be man enough to post a picture of yours as I did...:G

So common... Lets see em... And no bra either...:G

bobc
Old Jan 29, 2005, 10:21 PM   #89

I want to grab them breastssses
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 10:42 PM   #90

Rezajune wrote:
Quote:
I want to grab them breastssses
Today, I made love to my total gym. She is so beutiful. I grabbed her handles ever so gently, and pulled my body up and down her rails so slow and steady. Over and over and over and over...:?

I think my FZ20 is getting jealious... I will make up with her tomorrow...

bobc