Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:32 PM   #1

I was just doing a little"window/monitor"shopping @www. froogle.com and found the 20 for $450.00, plus an additional 15sheckles to git it here, via ground. Seems like a decent deal to me. Anybody out there in cyberspace have any comments about bigondigital.com?
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2005, 9:41 PM   #2

Very poor rating on Reseller:arrow:
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6569.html
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 12:38 AM   #3

Watch out... That $450 may be for a reconditioned unit. That may be okay if you know that's what you are getting.. I saw a lot of deals like that when I was looking. The devil :evil: is in the details.. I'd bet you won't actually get the camera for that from them..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 9:52 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies! I`ll go ahead and spend a few extra bucks at a more reputable distributor when I place my order in a few weeks. I`m glad I asked and thanks again.
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 10:27 AM   #5

i spent ages looking at deals like this, and ended up with a huge list of very poor customer ratings. i dont think you'll find the fz20 for less than about $500, if not slightly more, from a decent distributor who will actually let you buy it at that price. in the end i got mine for $530 from circuit city. i'd rather pay extra and know its going to get there and actually be the amount i pay rather than have god knows how much hassle just to save a few bucks.
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 10:36 AM   #6

Do not deal with big on digital, I originally tried to buy my FZ20 from them. They tried all the normal bait and switch tactics with me, you know, not a usa warranty item (buy 150.00 warrantee) item not a very good product (buy this one instead) item does not come with anything other than camera body (I did not know the lens came off) etc. Just go to a real store where they actually have the items they are selling.
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote