Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:38 AM   #1

Hi,

I want to buy a polarizer for my FZ3. Because the camera has some vignetting at wide-angle, I thought this could get worse with a normal polarizer with front thread. So maybe it would be better to buy a slim version without front thread.

Does anyone has experience with a polarizer or other filters on the FZ3?

Frank
Stoney79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:04 PM   #2

I have the permaraal adapter in my FZ-15, and I never got vignetting before today, see my post:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

I think you better buy the slim one
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 2:46 AM   #3

Stoney79 wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I want to buy a polarizer for my FZ3. Because the camera has some vignetting at wide-angle, I thought this could get worse with a normal polarizer with front thread. So maybe it would be better to buy a slim version without front thread.

Does anyone has experience with a polarizer or other filters on the FZ3?

Frank
Do no pay unnecessary dollars for extra thin Hoya HMC filters, when Hoya series B or standard filters are superb. You must use a lens hood.

Stop stacking filters; keep the UV on all the time except when you use the polarizer.

The Polarizer performs only these functions: cuts glare form glass water, metal and makes very sunny skies a tad bluer. If these situations are not prevalent, keep it off. With your stacking combination you are loosing from 2 –3.5 f stops.

Now is return please visit my site and leave favorable comments, that is an order. http://lovelife.smugmug.com/

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 5:31 AM   #4

I now ordered the B&W Pol circular MRC Slim. The slim version was a bit cheaper than the normal version.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I won't be able to use it in combination with the macro lens or with a tele converter (which I will probably buy someday), but Idoubt that I will everneed a polarizer for close-ups, so I can bear the lack of a front thread.
Stoney79 is offline   Reply With Quote