Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 22, 2005, 6:17 PM   #11

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
I liken photography to being a Sushi chef. Nature provides the "raw fish"... in and of itself not very appealing. Photography takes that "raw fish", and through years of practice, turn it into a work of art. The world is our sushi plate.
Very well said Nick...

No wonder all the wadies just wuv you...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 6:37 PM   #12

Corr blimey Nick, raw fish, raw insects, insect and animal soup, you will eat just about anything mate :-)

Well its both Bob. If we don't get the techie stuff right, then we don't have enough to work with anyway. If you don't get the arty stuff right, the techie stuff is a complete waste of time as well.

So it takes both sides to win and merge to take.......... create an image. :-). Is it creating an image, yes it is. We try and place the thirds in the correct place, we decide that maybe........it might lookbetter in the center so to heck with the thirds. We decide at what the settings will be, maybe program, maybe nothing on auto, we decide........we create.

Is it art, phew, thats a toughy M8t. We all decide what art is and no one can tell anyone what art is, wedecide.

So IMHO, one is reliant on the other to pull it all together. I actually think most need to slow down and try to look atdifferent angles, lighting, etc, slow down before we go "Click".

One marinadesuits one type of fish better than another.

Tim hit the nail into my head. Its all about the challenge, the chase of actually catching the fish. Throw some batter on it and fry it up. Fish needs to be fried or steamed, LOL, sorry Nick :-)I guess that why I don't like the idea of a "RAW" image.

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 8:25 PM   #13

I had written quite some tekst to reply, but the deeper I was getting into it, the more useless it felt.

You know? I don't know; I just don't know... If I go play with my cam I follow my eyes; Return, and I am very happy if 3 shots on my full 128mb card are really cool ;-)

I continuesly search for frames; and if I found one, I wonder why it is nice; Try to get the settings best to represent the beauty of the scene, and take the shot.

I believe only experience (both in recognising frames, and how to get the tech settings best for it), and patience can rule out the lucky part of a great shot.

Cheers! GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 9:39 PM   #14

I will have to say that is where I am at with what you just said there greenbaron.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 10:24 PM   #15

it all breaks down to this
33 % teckno
33% creativeive
33%subject
and 33% luck
but one must realize if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around will it make any sound.....
a ray of light can travel for thousands of light years and wil never be seen until it strikes an object and behold let there be light
and from light there was beauty ..
and art sprang from the beauty of men and women
birds and animals
landscape and architetecture
and from beauty sprang corrutption
from corrutption begat noise and over exposer
and that begat criticism
which begat discord and animosity
and split the ranks of the members
and cast those aside deemed not worthy
of testimonial and this became purgatory...
and a man who was blind and walked among them said
yo
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
and they knew this to be true and they fell upon this earth to their knees and asked the sayer for the truth
and the sayer spoke
the sayer told us that
the contrasting effects that we all have on perspectives in art and photography ..i.e. our brainwaves behave in the sense of one's proportions..that we all see varying emotional tones of light and color..being partial to certain moods of intonation..we see fluctuating
hue's tints and shades of color as bias panorama's of veiwpoints..a-metamorphosis of rhetorical metaphors of one's slanted visions on metaphysics...
two people can look at the same color and view that color in contrasting shades ...
therfore the camera is the technique
the artist creates the scene
the subject provides the median for the two to combine
and the viewer provides the frame of mind and perspective
to ponder and speculate as to the artistic quality of the
image...
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:02 PM   #16

jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
33 % teckno
33% creativeive
33%subject
and 33% luck

My math says that this is 112% not in disagreement with the rest of the post.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:15 PM   #17

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
33 % teckno
33% creativeive
33%subject
and 33% luck

My math says that this is 112% not in disagreement with the rest of the post.
i get 132% vizzy ..but that was a good observation nonetheless...i'm always one to strecht the truth abit..LOL
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:34 PM   #18

oops next time I will understand what that stare is from the bartender is when I ask for a 15. I mean a 7 & 7.:?
Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:53 PM   #19

My take on it is that you have to be curious enough, and artistic enough to go for a shot that is worthy. The technical aspects just control how much control you have when doing so. Indoor photography especially seems to put to the test how well shots come out. If you don't know what you are doing technically, and don't have the best camera to shoot indoors, you'll be saying, "You can't tell by this photo..but trust me...it was cool!"

Photography to me is the synergy of the person, the camera, the surroundings, and available tools. :|

FZFUn
FZFUN is offline   Reply With Quote