Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:52 PM   #1

Is Is there software available to allow me to download photos from my computer to a CD and then view therm on a TV through a CD/DVD player? Any suggestions would be appreciated.suggestions would be appreciateds there software available to allow me to download
puzzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:02 PM   #2

Nero Express (it comes with many CD players) can do it. And probably most other software suites that came with your CD-RW drive will be able to do it. Look for somethign along the lines of Video CD, or something like that (which allows some DVDs to read video (which is what the slideshow becomes) on a CD).

If you don't already have some software for it, I am not sure if there are any free options out there (but I haven't really checked).
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:19 PM   #3

They say you can't teach old dogs new tricks but you may have just proved them wrong.Thanks for the suggestions,I'll look for something on the CD software disk.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:23 PM   #4

Try this:arrow:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/plus/tryit.asp
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:43 PM   #5

XP will do it all by itself.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:10 PM   #6

Thank you for your suggestion.I've downloaded a trial version and I'm sure it will work but it is much more than I need which adds to the confusion.Genece has suggested that Windows XP will do it and since I have this (I obviously don't really know what I can do with what I have) I will try and find out how XP does it .Thank You.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:22 PM   #7

Genece, I have erroniously just sent my reply meant for "nooner" to you.(Old age is preferrable to the alternative)Could you please give me some clues as to where and how I can find this on Windows XP? Any help you can give in single syllable words would be appreciated. Thank You.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:24 PM   #8

What you ask is simple and there are lots of programs including the one that came with Windows XP.

The problem is on playback thru your dvd player. You can google videohelp to see if your player supports jpeg playback so you can see it on your tv.

mlhm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:26 PM   #9

Nooner,Please check my reply to you sent to Genece instead.I apologise. Thank You.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 8:43 PM   #10

puzzled wrote:
Quote:
Genece, I have erroniously just sent my reply meant for "nooner" to you.(Old age is preferrable to the alternative)Could you please give me some clues as to where and how I can find this on Windows XP? Any help you can give in single syllable words would be appreciated. Thank You.
Yes you have to put the photos in a folder on the computer. Select the pictures you want to burn and on the left side in the task pane select copy to CD.

Wait a second and a balloon will open telling you to click to see the files waiting to be written to CD.Depending on how many pictures you want to burn give it a few seconds to copy them to the folder.

Click it and on the left in the task pane select write these files to a CD and a wizard will open telling you how to finish.

You may or may not want to make a Highmat CD depending on your DVD player. The wizard will ask you ifyou want to or not.

If you never updated to the Highmat option it is available at windows update, it is several years old so you probably have it allready.

After I typed that it dawned on me that windows would tell you how to do it so here is windows directions from the help file.

writable CD into the CD recording drive. [*]Open [img]ms-its:c:\windows\help\ntshared.chm::/shortcutCold.gif[/img]My Computer. [/*][*]Click the files or folders you want to copy to the CD. To select more than one file, hold down the CTRL key while you click the files you want. Then, under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file, Copy this folder, or Copy the selected items. [/*]
If the files are located in My Pictures, under Picture Tasks, click Copy to CD or Copy all items to CD, and then skip to step 5.
[*]In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive, and then click Copy. [/*][*]In My Computer, double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays a temporary area where the files are held before they are copied to the CD. Verify that the files and folders that you intend to copy to the CD appear under Files Ready to be Written to the CD. [/*][*]Under CD Writing Tasks, click Write these files to CD. Windows displays the CD Writing Wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard. [/*]
When the process is finished, the last page of the wizard displays a check box that enables you to create another CD like the one you just made.
[*]Click Yes, write these files to another CD and insert another blank, writable CD into the CD recording drive. Follow the instructions in the wizard.[/list][/*]
[img]ms-its:c:\windows\help\ntshared.chm::/note.gif[/img] Notes
  • To open My Computer, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop. [/*]
  • After you copy files or folders to the CD, it is useful to view the CD to confirm that the files are copied. For more information, click Related Topics. [/*]
genece is offline   Reply With Quote