Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 22, 2005, 11:58 PM   #1

While browsing the other brand threads, on this forum, I came across a lot of complaints about different cameras. But there is a conspicuous absense of complaints on Panasonic thread, may be some NOOB questions( I have done my share of asking some such), but no complaints. Is it that this lumix is so superior in it's category to other brands, or is it just brand loyalty? I think it is the the first.

A very satisfying feeling this, having the knoledge ofhaving madethe right decesion.:|

And to think of that I was attracted to this forum when I stumbled across it via Google, while searching for decision making tips, and saw a certain Nicktrop goodnaturedly pulling the leg of a certain Rprincess(I defenitely think she must have benefitted , after all height gain is nothing to be scoffed at, though it may warrant buying new trousers), eventually chasing her out of the thread ( which still I cant help laughing about, those sheep jokes:-)), my decesion was made. A gang of such funloving guys(and gals) must have chosen a fun camera, this was my feeling, and I was persuaded into buying my FZ20 , with a combination of this feeling and some hard logic , provided by the helping hands.

Hats off to this fun forum and may you all enjoy your fun camera, and the week end.:|
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:02 AM   #2

nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:06 AM   #3

I have to say I have hung out in here because of the fun I have here learning and that I do enjoy the Pana brand camera..

I do notice that there is very little in complaint of the camera itself as far as its reliability to perform and a very little in malfunctioning and the like.

Just a bit of noise which doesn't really show up in prints anyway.

Lumix Rocks and so do the peeps who come here that own one and those who want to.:G
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:18 AM   #4

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Lumix Rocks and so do the peeps who come here that own one and those who want to.:G

Well said Viznquest
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:20 AM   #5

[user=22593]nooner[/user8] wrote:
Quote:
Good on ya m8

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:24 AM   #6

LUMIX rule

go guys :-)
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:27 AM   #7

Out of the box a Panasonic FZ model works better than some other digital cameras I can think of that need multiple firmware revisions before all the problems and user complaints are settled.

I really dislike paying for the priviledge of being a beta tester on products that are rushed to market before they were really ready. When I do happen across a company with excellent internal quality control and testing of the products they sell, that company is certain to get more business from me in the future.

Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:59 AM   #8

I think the reason is...

People buy these other brands...

Then they stumble onto our forum...

When they see what these cameras can do...

They are so jelious... That...

They go back and post complaints about their cameras...:?:G:|:?:blah:

And now they are Pana-Wanna-Be's...:|

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote