Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 24, 2005, 12:44 AM   #11

Hi fellow fz1 owners,

After using the FZ1v2 for one year, I realized that switching the picture adjustment to Natural, produced pictures which were less noisy and less artifacts. The pictures taken now look for the lack of a better word...Natural.. almost film like, not the plasticky digital look like before.That will be the permanent setting from now on. Any increase in saturation or sharpness can always be done in postprocessing.

vIZnquest! your orchid just "pop" out of my screen, amazing!
myfz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:46 AM   #12

Nothing can ever replace the quality of the FZ1.v2...not even the new FZ9000
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:16 AM   #13

So should we all google to find the FZ9000!

Ian
Ian48Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:14 PM   #14

After reading this tread and seeing all the pictures, I wonder why I went for FZ20 at all. As they say it's who is behind the camera, matters more than the camera itself, but after going through this thread I am having second thoughts.:?
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:54 PM   #15

In my case I don't second guess why I bought any of the cameras that I have.I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy using these cameras. Each one has strengths and weaknesses as all cameras do. If not, then there would only be one make and one model.

It really comes down to what you really want and what amount of effort you wantto put in using a camera.

I would not be so put off in even using a disposable camera if that is all there is at the moment in taking a picture.

I bought these cameras because they are, "FUN". I have gotten great pictures out of all of them.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 3:07 PM   #16

I think the key word here is FUN! I have other cameras also, but the good old FZ1 is just plain a fun tool to use. This shot was on the first try, no croping and no post processing was needed for my taste. Any comments ?
Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:10 PM   #17

Austintatious wrote:
Quote:
I think the key word here is FUN!
Nice shot... all the posts here are. And there's some excellent FZ-1 posts on this recent thread too...
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...29&forum_id=23

Apart from being fun, there's just something different about the FZ-1's images that is more pleasing to my eye. Yes, I am partial because I own one, love it. But I can almost alway tell a shot taken by the FZ-1. Perhaps it how it handles colors? Greens seem a little more natural, especially grass. Colors pop a bit more. Perhaps Venus I doesn't overprocess the image, and it's a case of less is more? Dunno. Might also be my imagination.

Regardless, despite only having 2.1 effective mpxls, ain't nothing to complain about the images on this thread. The FZ-1 is my little digital Leica M3 Rangefinder. (Except I can afford it...:G )
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 5:10 PM   #18

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Austintatious wrote:
Quote:
I think the key word here is FUN!
Nice shot... all the posts here are. And there's some excellent FZ-1 posts on this recent thread too...
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...29&forum_id=23

Apart from being fun, there's just something different about the FZ-1's images that is more pleasing to my eye. Yes, I am partial because I own one, love it. But I can almost alway tell a shot taken by the FZ-1. Perhaps it how it handles colors? Greens seem a little more natural, especially grass. Colors pop a bit more. Perhaps Venus I doesn't overprocess the image, and it's a case of less is more? Dunno. Might also be my imagination.

Regardless, despite only having 2.1 effective mpxls, ain't nothing to complain about the images on this thread. The FZ-1 is my little digital Leica M3 Rangefinder. (Except I can afford it...:G )
I agree Nick.

Images are great from the FZ1v2 .... one thing the camera is never tiring you just want to keep shooting with it knowing results will be good.

I use default exp. setting and it mostly works fine.

Panorams work well to

example from CA... image will have suffered resised and compressed to less than 250k the full size stitched image is amazing 4 frames @ 4094 X 1088
Attached Images

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 5:21 PM   #19

some probs. with image upload
Attached Images

Old Jan 24, 2005, 5:23 PM   #20

must be file size
here is a smaller version
Attached Images