Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 25, 2005, 1:42 PM   #1

Hello there guys...I am just looking for people who have bought these and used them.Is this the best option if all I have are a camera and a couple of SD cards?? I need something to transfer my pictures on a long trip. I have 3 512MB cards but I am sure I will run out of space in a few days...lol. The look tank comes with a card reader, its own batteries, and a minimum capacity of 6GB. Please enlighten me on my options and if this is a good buy.

Also if you have other options please let me know about those too

thanks

here is a link fora 40GB image tank but the one i am looking to buy is about 6GB and cost about $80.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEAFB:IT
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2005, 1:57 PM   #2

I was looking for extra storage when I found this.

www.compactdrive.com

It's extremely fast and uses 2,5 inch harddisk. Also 4 penlites (which is better for my since I have 2300mah rechargables. Anyone has experience with this thing?

It's sold for 125 euro's.. (160 dollar?)
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 2:38 PM   #3

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
I was looking for extra storage when I found this.

http://www.compactdrive.com

It's extremely fast and uses 2,5 inch harddisk. Also 4 penlites (which is better for my since I have 2300mah rechargables. Anyone has experience with this thing?

It's sold for 125 euro's.. (160 dollar?)
you can find them here on ebay for 79 dollars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
color is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:18 PM   #4

Good call Color. Ebay with 20GB=$154. Compactdrive link with 20GB=$279.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:09 PM   #5

Hey guys why wouldn't you just get the LOOK image tank 40 GB for $139.99 on Ebay. Its twice the capacity as the one you guys are talking about for the same price.

seth
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:16 PM   #6

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
Hey guys why wouldn't you just get the LOOK image tank 40 GB for $139.99 on Ebay. Its twice the capacity as the one you guys are talking about for the same price.

seth

when do you use all them 40 Gig :?
color is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:21 PM   #7

The Look sold for $165+ $24 shipping. Click the link above. The Compactdrive with 40 GB goes for $164 + $7.50 shipping. The Look appears to be homemade and requires an external battery pack. The Compactdrive has an lcd readout, built battery charger and generally looks more well made.

If you can buy 20GB for $10 why not?
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:50 PM   #8

20GB for less $$ than 2 x 1GB 60X SD cards. Now that is a good deal. And it recharges batteries and is a 20GB USB 2.0 hard drive. What else could you ask for.

Pretty Slick!

mlhm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:53 PM   #9

Hey color and nooner...the reason I mentioned the 40Gb was because it was being offered with the 6GB one that I am hoping to buy. the 6 GB price is $79.99 which i think is great and on the website the price for the 40GB is $129.99. Remember to add shipping.

The only reason I bring up the look think tank is because I was about to buy it and was looking for opinions on whether it is any good. The compact drive looks good but its so much more expensive and bigger...I don't really need 40GB or even 20GB...lol. With the 6GB think tank that i am looking at + the 3 512mb cards that i have...it gives me over 3000+ shots at full resolution. I dont' think i will ever need more. and remember this is just to act as storage before i get back to my computer.

thanks for all inputs guy/gals

seth
Old Jan 25, 2005, 5:00 PM   #10

My only thoughts were and that price you could use it as backup external hard drive as well to help protect your images in case of a crash on your PC. 2cents.