Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 25, 2005, 2:35 PM   #1

One thing I realized after taking these shots, I should had frozen the second hand. But on the other hand, I left them as they are as it is not so bad with the second hand in movement.

So what do you guys think about the pic and second hand? Comments and critics are welcomed! I'm very thick skinned! :G
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2005, 3:46 PM   #2

SM.....VERY CLEAN !!!!! I like the first one the best :G

Both are sweet shots !!!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:05 PM   #3

Nice shots. Speaking of shots............got any JD under that watch?:arrow:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:05 PM   #4

First is really good, it's hard with reflective surfaces to avoid overexposed parts, but you managed real nice. Composition is excellent with the black background.

the second.. is too much overexposed on one side of the watch. And the background doesn't seem to be horizontal. And there is a nasty reflection in the glass.

Still the second picture is good (if you corrected the angle a bit) But it is nothing compared to the first picture. Truly awesome work !
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 2:28 AM   #5

Thank you for all your comments and critics guys.

Actually I posted in other forum and folks there said my second pic is noisy. They said that in the top left hand corner noise can been seen. I could not see it myself even after doing a 400% enlargement with the moniotr. Those who could see were using a TFT or LCD screen, others, like me, who use a CRT could not see the noise. Some with CRT could see the noise with enlargement. Really very strange! :?The black background is actually a velvet cloth that I bought for this black background effect. I agreed that the second shot was a little out of alignment and a little over exposed.

To tell you guys the truth, I do not know what I did and I can't seem to find the right setting to take another shot like these again! Can't seem to be able to have this standard again! BTW, the shots were sharpen just a little and resized. Nothing more. The second shot looks a little cartoon or movie effect to me costhewatchlooks unreal, but I did not do anything more than sharpening it a little and resizing for both.

As for the JD, the "shots" were all taken by the pic shots!!! hehehe.....

Thanks for veiwing once again.

Old Jan 26, 2005, 2:36 AM   #6

spiderman wrote:
Quote:
Actually I posted in other forum and folks there said my second pic is noisy. They said that in the top left hand corner noise can been seen.
It's sooo hard to get the lighting right on these, well done!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:33 AM   #7

They are both good pictures. I like the first one better because there is a clear subject to the picture. The JD adds extra interest. In the second picture the JD competes with the watch for the subject.
winddreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:39 AM   #8

winddreamer wrote:
Quote:
They are both good pictures. I like the first one better because there is a clear subject to the picture. The JD adds extra interest. In the second picture the JD competes with the watch for the subject.
Thanks Nick and winddreamer for your kind comments!

I noticed that too. I was taking watch pics with blurred background formerly so I was trying to get all in focused and not much blurred. But ya, maybe the JD does distract a little. I'm still haveto improve on my close up though.:G
Old Jan 26, 2005, 10:20 AM   #9

Jacky,

Great pics and very very well taken! Keep posting man!
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 11:32 AM   #10

You mentioned your settings and not knowing them. Can you see your EXIF? I looked at it and one thing I noticed is you have sharpness, contrast and saturation set on high. Interesting.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote