Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 27, 2005, 9:31 AM   #11

The time between shots in burst mode should have nothing to do with the speed of the card as that is done with the internal buffer.

The real difference between cards is the time it takes the camera to write to the card after a burst.

And in my opinion a regular Panasonic card is almost as good as any high speed cards. They all write in about 2 seconds after a high speed burst while a slow card can take about 11 seconds.

I have used 2 slow cards a Sandisk(not mine)and A Dane Electric the Sandisk was a pretty old card and was suppose to be slow but the Dane Electric was suppose to be a 10mb/s card.

Others claim different results with the 2 card I mentioned butin my opinion I would not get any more of them.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:00 AM   #12

Unless you've used a Kingmax you wouldn't know the difference.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:51 AM   #13

try the sansisk ultra 2 SD card it is still faster though incrementally. the red/blue products from sandisk are strictly economy products

kingmax warranty 5years

sandisk ultra 2 warranty Lifetime.

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 1:08 PM   #14

hey Sjms...lol...after 5 years of dedicated service if the kingmax gives up. It will more than have paid for itself...lol. Dude they are already out with 2GB hi speed cards...in five years we will talking about different/better formats...better technology...the smallest size will probably 10GB...all our present cards will be paltry.

About write speed...I didn't even notice a 2 sec delay in the kingmax 66X after the 4 shots in the burst mode. The only reason it even stops is because the camera makes it stop and start again. You are ready to go right away...just have to refocus again. W/ my dane elec...reg speed...it take about 5 sec and only after that can i refocus and shoot...so probably about a 8 sec delay. Thats a lifetime in burst mode.

To me the true difference can be found while using the infinity setting in burst mode. The kingmax just keeps taking them continuously. My dane takes about 6-8 shots and then stops to download the images.

hope this helps

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 1:18 PM   #15

I've had two Sandisk cards fail in less than a year. Good luck on getting that warranty.:!:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote