Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:00 PM   #1

Every shot I take indoors without the flash is blurred even when there seems to be enough light on the subject.

I have just taken some shots of my 2 year old nephew sitting on the kitchen worktop with the spot light from the ceiling trained on him and all shots though framed well and looking spot on in the vf have come out blurred.

The ones taken with the flash have come out ok.

If it wasn't for the shots I took in Turkey in late October when there was plenty of light I would definitely think there was something wrong with the camera.

My last point and shoot fuji coped well indoors without flash so what is going on with the FZ20.

John
Johnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:24 PM   #2

Do you know the exposure time of the photos? Maybe it was to long. For indoor photos, aperture should always be f2.8 to get the exposure time as short as possible.

You can try a higher ISO value (100 or 200)for aneven shorter exposure time, but you will get more noise then.
Stoney79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:29 PM   #3

I should have said this was all done in the p mode all auto.

John
Johnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:41 PM   #4

Ok, next time you should attend to the exposure time. I would say it shouldn't be longer than 1/6 s for wide-angle photos when using the OIS in Mode 2.
Stoney79 is offline   Reply With Quote