Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:31 PM   #1

For those considering a hood for your Phayee adapter I suggest an cheapest alternative to Hama flexible hood...

Original FZ20 Sunhood fits on Phayee

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=11998799

Any experience or comment?

guixers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2005, 2:25 PM   #2

Yes it fits. There are better hoods though.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 6:31 PM   #3

guixers wrote:
Quote:
For those considering a hood for your Phayee adapter I suggest an cheapest alternative to Hama flexible hood...

Hi guixers,

I have an FZ15, and also bought the Phayee adapter for it. And I also bought a Hama hood for it, too.

I agree with nooner...yes, the stock hood will fit okay on the Phayee. But there are better hoods for it. Another member of this forum, Dr. CK Shene, has a really helpful website with really good information on lens hoods, adapter tubes, and conversion lenses for our FZ cams. Here's the link to it; after clicking on it, go the the FZ10 section, and then click on Lens Hoods....
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/

'Hope this may be of help.

Geoff
sukispop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:50 PM   #4

sukispop wrote:
Quote:
guixers wrote:
Quote:

Hi guixers,

I have an FZ15, and also bought the Phayee adapter for it. And I also bought a Hama hood for it, too.

I agree with nooner...yes, the stock hood will fit okay on the Phayee. But there are better hoods for it. Another member of this forum, Dr. CK Shene, has a really helpful website with really good information on lens hoods, adapter tubes, and conversion lenses for our FZ cams. Here's the link to it; after clicking on it, go the the FZ10 section, and then click on Lens Hoods....

Geoff
The Phayee and the Panasonic hoods are too shallow. Get a Hoya or Hama rubber hood onstead of making it pretty....
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 2:02 AM   #5

appreciate the info while i learn my way around photography and this camera. once i've figured out what i'm doing - then i can spend the extra money for a better quality hood. for now, that's money towards another sd card so i can keep practicing!
1SFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 2:30 AM   #6

nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 8:27 AM   #7

playlong wrote:
Quote:
sukispop wrote:
Quote:
guixers wrote:
Quote:

Hi guixers,

Geoff
The Phayee and the Panasonic hoods are too shallow. Get a Hoya or Hama rubber hood onstead of making it pretty....
I actually consider the rubber ones flashier/prettier
I'm glad that it fits on the phayee ,though, if it gives me any problems I'll just switch to a rubber one..
Can't wait for the fz-20 to get here :|
Attached Images

Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote