Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 27, 2005, 4:54 AM   #1

I just want to get this right so I can order it
Didn't understand much from that website as english isn't my first language.
If I got this for my FZ-20 would it mean I could use 62 mm filters on it ,no other adapters required?
Do I need to get a 72 mm Collapsible Lens Hoods or a 62 mm one?
this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...869518697&rd=1
or this one ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...869517986&rd=1
I need to both to protect the lense and mostly to prevent flare.

Thank you all
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:52 AM   #2

Go through the thread posted for you. You will find it there.

I am not, and I repeat not trying to be short here with you or being mean since you are new but this is part of being new and what I posted for you earlier should answer most of your questions. Part of being new here on the board is looking through the posts of the same question asked before. That is my suggestion and highly recommended.The link was provided and so is the suggestion of using the search function.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:55 AM   #3

We also say, "thank you" when someone does provide a reply that is rather helpful.

Just asking questions for answers without first helping yourself when the suggestion was made in your first post just shows that you are not bothering with the suggestion at all.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 9:40 AM   #4
RDV

Hi Amir..........Sorry your having trouble understanding. If you go with the adapter that came with the FZ20 and a 72mm lens just use the hood that came with the camera. If you decide on a different adapter tube you can use an assortment of sizes for filters and hoods. Raynox has 52mm threads. phayee has 62mm with all size step rings. Hope this helps. Try going back through the sites that vINquest posted as there is good information there.

Tom wrote:

We also say, "thank you" when someone does provide a reply that is rather helpful.

Tom, in his first post he thanked you in advance. I enjoy your post and not trying to put you down, just want to be a good neighbor.

RDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 10:12 AM   #5

Hello Amiroquai, welcome aboard!!

The camera includes in the box a 72mm adapter tube and a lens hood, as you can see.

You don't need any additional lens hood, it works great. You can keep them and add only a 72mm UV filter to protect the lens, attaching it directly to the adapter tube. Also you can attach directly any 72mm filter

However, 72 mm filters are more expensive than 62 mm, also the included adapter puts the filter too far from the lens, and you will get some flare.

Most of us decided to buy a smaller adapter tube, which let you use directly smaller filters (62mm) and reduces flare by puting the filter closer to the lens. I have the Permaraal PD-62, and it works fine:

You can buy it online from:

http://www.b-300.com/fz10ac.html

I live in Mexico and I got it by mail with no any problem.

In this case, the original lens hood will not fit the new adapter, so you have to buy a 62 mm lenshood. Be careful with circular lenshood (like the one you post), it could cause some vigneting (I had this problem, see the image below). I suggest to get a flower type 62mm lens hood.

If you have problems with English, let us know your mother language, probably any of us speak the same lang. My english is neither so good, I speak spanish.

Please don't be shy or feel intimidated, here are a lot of people with more knowledge than you and me and all they are great person!!! Please share with us your experiences!!!
Attached Images

msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:04 AM   #6

Thank you everyone for your patience and answers
I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.
I'm from Israel, and hebrew is my first language .I have problems comprehending some english, so I'm sometime a little slow...
I've decided to go with the Phayee Tube adapter and hoya 66 mm super hmc uv filter
Now I'm currently looking for this hood the other guy was talking about:
http://www.adorama.com/LNHZ72.html?s...hood&item_no=1
but they seem to have run out of it at that store ... so I'm still looking.
Is that hood really that mandatory?

Thanks a lot everyone,

Amir
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:14 PM   #7

This was my response to his first post RDV.

The response you quoted was his second post. I guess I was bit grumpy and out of line.

I apologize Amiroquai

Check here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

and here:

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/

Using what you have now will work in protecting the lens. Keep it on. There can be a problem with flaring due to the distance of the lens from the filter. It is best to have the smallest gap between the lens end and the filter.

Someone posted that the Raynox adapter is closest of them all.

The Phayee is most popular in its versatility.

The current set-up will cause problems using onboard flash as the hood will cause a dark shadow or image at the bottom of your picture. Hence, it is too big for the flash.

Your question as you will see in the first link has been asked many times.

A suggestion is to use the search function for your question.

This is a friendly and quite alively board with some humor that is not readily understood by someone new. Take the time to read over the posts here and get familiar with some great people here as well as tips, hints and wonderful pictures posted here.

Welcome to the Panasonic group. The members here are a great bunch.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:32 PM   #8

No problem
I just wish my english was better so I could understand everything I read to the fullest
Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:45 PM   #9

Amiroquai,

Your English is much better than my Hebrew. I'm amazed that all the people who don't have English as a first language can express themselves so well in the written word. A lot of us are new here and unfortunately it seems we all have the same basic questions which drives the knowledgeable people crazy. So try to read through the posts (over 55 pages) and try to see if your questions don't already have answers there (many of mine did) and then if you don't understand the answer, don't be afraid to ask away. If the old heads won't answer you, the more experienced new guys will. In the mean time, enjoy the forum and that new camera. I know I am!
herk56 is offline   Reply With Quote